  1. cable failure by stewart allen <stewartallen@xxxxxxxx>
  2. RE: cable failure by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

cable failure by stewart allen <stewartallen@xxxxxxxx>

From: "stewart allen" <stewartallen@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: cable failure
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:04:05 -0700

This is the first time I've posted on this group.  So I hope i've done it
correctly.

I bought a Poqet about five months ago to use on a long trip.  The night
before my trip began, however, the machine died on me - cable failure, I'm
sure as I cna hear it still turning on but the screen is absolutely dead.

I'm back from the trip and transcribing hundreds of pages of notes.  I'd
like to get hte Poqet to work however and I've been told that I can hot
wire the machine open and solder on a new ribbon.  Unfortunately, I'm a
complete ignoramous about these kind of things.  But willing!  If someone
would be so kind as to mail me some directions I'd be glad to give it a
whirl.  Bear in mind I'm the equivalent of a three year old.  But I think I
have access to the equipment I need (a sodering gun, right?) and a certain
amount of patience.  I don't want someone else to fix it as from what I
hear it will probably go in 6 months or so and want to be able to fix it
again when the time comes.

Anybody willing to help?  you can respond to me directly at
stewartallen@xxxxxxxx or post it on the group
Thanks in advance.
SLA

RE: cable failure by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: cable failure
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 10:43:40 -0400

Hey Stewart!

Maybe this will help (maybe not) but go to the archives at the Poqet
website and search for this topic or related keywords.  I think I
remember reading something about this type of problem; also, don't
forget to check out the technical manual also on the website.  Good
Luck!		-Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009