From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: California Digital???
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:37:19 -0400

Does anyone know what's happend to
the California Digital's web site? I can't
go there. :-(

----------
Yujin Nagasawa

E-mail: ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx
          QWK11240@xxxxxxxx
----------

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n076 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n076
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:21:34 -0700

Hello all!

Regarding:
> From: "Andrew Fox" <AFOX@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: New Poqet Owner Looking for Cool Stuff
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:30:51 -0500
>
> Hello everyone out there in Poqet-Land.  I'm a brand-new Poqet owner, =
> having purchased one used through an Internet classified ad and a backup =
> machine from Pacific Digital.  I haven't had a chance yet to play with =
> them much, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the (relative) ease of =
> touch-typing on the Poqets' keyboards.
>
> As soon as I've gotten to know them better, I'll send a message with my =
> reactions, as well as their serial numbers.  Until then, perhaps some of =
> you can help me track down a few accessories.  I'm looking for either a =
> WordPerfect 5.1 or a Xywrite ROM card; I was fortunate enough to get an =
> Alphaworks card with my used Poqet.  Also, does anyone have any suggestions=
>  as to good, cheap vendors for 1 Meg (or 512K) SRAM cards?  What kinds of =
> flash memory cards have you all successfully used with your Poqets?  I =
> have a laptop which can copy some of my favorite DOS programs to flash =
> memory cards, but I'm unsure what kinds of cards I should be looking for, =
> and which vendors carry them.

As I'm pressed for time, I'll try to make this short; hope you don't
mind!

1. Welcome to the Poqet family!
2. There was one person who started an after-work business selling new
surplus GRiD labeled Fujistu's (as I recall) SRAM cards dirt cheap. They
were not advertised as being (or not being) Poqet compatible but I've
not (yet?) noticed any problems. (Well maybe just one; I have one card
which I can't seem to Stack(er) in the Poqet but which, when Stack'ed
elsewhere, works fine in the Poqet. Go figure?!?) I should also point
out that s/he seemed quite honest too; actually sent what you ordered,
did so promptly, didn't try to make an extra profit by hiking up the
shipping costs. I've *no* idea if he is still in business-- at his
prices/service I can't help but think he must have exhausted his supply
of cards by now-- but if you want to try to contact him, here's a
newsgroup posting (courtesy of Dejanews) regarding him:

Subject:      Re: WTB PCMCIA SRAM
From:         fredu@xxxxxxxx (Fred)
Date:         1996/10/21	<--- Notice the date!!!
Newsgroups:   comp.sys.palmtops

[Subscribe to comp.sys.palmtops]
[More Headers]

GCE (dbarton@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
: Reboot Electronics still had some 1MB SRAM cards last week for $35
: 201-457-1980

And I just called today and they now have one less, but still in stock!

: Lucy Komisar <lkomisar@xxxxxxxx> wrote in article
: <54aota$s32@xxxxxxxx>...
: > Does anyone have for sale or know where I can get a PCMCIA SRAM
card,
: > cheap price?
: >

--
  fredu@xxxxxxxx
  AMERICA.COM  not AOL.COM

Notice: I am in no way associated with Reboot except as a former
customer.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. If anyone learns anything about Reboot, perhaps you'll let me/us
know? Thanks!

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009