Volume 002, Number 076, 22 Apr 1998

  1. New Poqet Owner Looking for Cool Stuff by Andrew Fox <AFOX@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

New Poqet Owner Looking for Cool Stuff by Andrew Fox <AFOX@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Andrew Fox" <AFOX@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New Poqet Owner Looking for Cool Stuff
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:30:51 -0500

Hello everyone out there in Poqet-Land.  I'm a brand-new Poqet owner, =
having purchased one used through an Internet classified ad and a backup =
machine from Pacific Digital.  I haven't had a chance yet to play with =
them much, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the (relative) ease of =
touch-typing on the Poqets' keyboards.

As soon as I've gotten to know them better, I'll send a message with my =
reactions, as well as their serial numbers.  Until then, perhaps some of =
you can help me track down a few accessories.  I'm looking for either a =
WordPerfect 5.1 or a Xywrite ROM card; I was fortunate enough to get an =
Alphaworks card with my used Poqet.  Also, does anyone have any suggestions=
 as to good, cheap vendors for 1 Meg (or 512K) SRAM cards?  What kinds of =
flash memory cards have you all successfully used with your Poqets?  I =
have a laptop which can copy some of my favorite DOS programs to flash =
memory cards, but I'm unsure what kinds of cards I should be looking for, =
and which vendors carry them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'm really looking forward to =
working with my Poqets.

Best wishes,
Andy Fox

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009