From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n074
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 03:51:53 -0700

Hodwy!

Regarding...
> I did think AL might be be pulling an April fool joke because the link was
> bad.  However, I decided to go to the Fujitsu homepage and I found
> something... not really a palmtop but tablets.  The links are:
>
> http://www.fjicl.com/TeamPad/handheldcomputers.htm
> http://www.fpsi.fujitsu.com/product/index.htm

First, thanks for the information! Regarding the computers described at
the above web pages, though I'm sure they're very good tablet
(keyboardless) computers, they can hardly be called Poqet replacements.
They're much bigger, (again) keyboard less, & despite being rather
humbly powered (CPU wise), I think they cost about the same as a new
motorcycle or used car. Thanks but no thanks!

Also, regarding...
> BTW, I bought a PCMCIA card reader but am having problems getting it to
> recognise my cards.   Can someone with experience guide me through this
> installation.
When I tried to read my SRAM cards (formated on a different but similar
computer) on my ThinkPad running DOS, I had no trouble (once the pesky
drivers were installed). Attempting to get some of my Windoze 95 using
co-workers to read my Poqet formated, identical SRAM cards never did
work out. I'm sure that the failure was do to Windoze 95 & the
inexperience of my co-workers with Windoze 95 & SRAM cards. I've never
had a stand alone PCMCIA card reader so I, for one, can be of no help to
you. Good luck & keep us informed of your progress!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. Regarding your card reader & your troubles with it; wouldn't it
have increased your chances of getting help if you mention what
hardware/software/Operating System you are using?

Somebody have Poqet in Peru? by hacker@xxxxxxxx (Flores Cornejo Percy)

From: hacker@xxxxxxxx (Flores Cornejo Percy)
Subject: Somebody have Poqet in Peru?
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:02:39 -0500

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD617D.F85EA380

I'm find somebody have a Poqet pc in Peru,
i want inter-change info.
i want buy a printer interface for my poquet.

thanks
       Percy

ESTOY BUSCANDO A SANTIAGO SANTIPU@xxxxxxxx
SE COMUNICO CONMIGO, PERO AL PARECER CAMBIO DE E-MAIL
ME INTERESA COMUNICARME CON EL.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD617D.F85EA380

From: C <santipu@xxxxxxxx>
To: "hacker@xxxxxxxx" <hacker@computextos.com.pe>
Subject: Re: Somebody have poqet in Peru?
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 16:37:26 -0500

Hola:

Si no recuerdo mal, para el "printer interface" de la Poqet necesitas tener
la diskettera y de alli conectar a una impresora serial.  Tienes el manual?

Si te interesa, tengo la diskettera (nuevecita) y me interesa venderla ya
que no la uso (hago el "backup" de mis archivos directamente a mi PC via
puerto serial).  Tambien tengo tarjetas de memoria 512 y 256 K.

Contactame en:  santipu@xxxxxxxx

Santiago

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD617D.F85EA380--

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009