From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n069
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:52:02 -0800

Greetings.

Regarding:
> I beleive that someone on the list said that the cabble connector to an
> Okidata printhead in the model 82/92/93/182/192 series fit the Poqet
> expansion bus connector, and pinouts are available in the archives.
> Common as those printers were, one ought to be able to find a dead one at
> a computer flea market for nearly nothing. I have a few (still working
> ones) available for intersting swaps.
>
> Michael Fetterman
> > > WP 5.1 romcard, and a serial cable, or at least info on how to build
> > > one....
> > As the special connectors necessary to build the cable are unavailable,
> > I think your best bet would be to purchase any cables you needed from
> > someone on this list. The going price seems to be in the $25-$30. If you
> > *really* want an unused cable ASAP, you can purchase one from
> > www.cadigital.com for more than twice that price.

Unfortunately there is a difference between a connector which securely
attaches to the Poqet and one which can simply be stuffed into one.
Still, I think you've done a service to our little community by
reminding us of the possibility of using Okidata salvaged parts as a
make do connector and I do thank you!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Xywrite for DOS version 4.017 by Art Taylor <taylor003a@xxxxxxxx>

From: Art Taylor <taylor003a@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Xywrite for DOS version 4.017
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:24:42 -0800 (PST)

The latest version of XyWrite for DOS is available from The Technology
Group (they also have a Windows version available).  The current
version is 4.017.

Their technical documentation states that it's only for Intel 286 and
higher processors. Has anyone used this version on the Poqet with it's
8086-like processor?

Thanks,

Art

Re: Xywrite for DOS version 4.017 by Steve Harrison <sharriso@xxxxxxxx>

From: Steve Harrison <sharriso@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xywrite for DOS version 4.017
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:38:20 -0600

The version I have been using on my Poqet classic is XyWrite II Plus.  It
was written back when predominant processors were pre-286 ( I remember I
bought it along with the first PC AT supplied in the small town where I
lived).

Steve

New Address by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New Address
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:49:57 -0800

Hi all,

You all can use a new URL for the Poqet PC Web Site:

	<http://www.bmason.com/PoqetPC/>

which is alot simpler than

	<http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

(well, maybe not that much simpler).

I got my own domain name (bmason.com) a couple of months ago, and I'd
rather everybody use the "bmason.com" URL instead of the "best.com" one.
That way if I ever decide to pick up the Poqet Site and move it to another
Internet service provider, there won't be a change in the URL of the Web Site.

The old URL will still work, so don't worry.  But if you have any links to
the Poqet PC Web Site, I'd appreciate it if you'd change them to the new
URL.  The e-mail address of the Poqet PC Mailing List won't change.

Thanks.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

-- Bryan

Re: Poqet PC Promotional demo by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet PC Promotional demo
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:49:56 -0800

Wow!  That's a great idea!  I've actually had a copy of the interactive
sales demo ever since I started the Web site -- I just didn't think anyone
would be interested.

Anyway, I've added it to the site, at
<http://www.bmason.com/PoqetPC/software.html#PQDEMO>, or you can FTP it
from <ftp.bmason.com/PoqetPC/software/patches/Poqet_Demo/pqdemo.zip>.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me.

-- Bryan

At 06:12 PM 3-26-98 -0500, Kay & Mark Minckiewicz wrote:

>I would like to see what this demo looks like.  Is there a way to copy
>it to anouther source so it could be sent via the internet.  I doubt
>there is any copyright on it.  It seems that this would be a nice
>addition to the Poqet Software Page.  Has anyone done this already and
>is there a site I can go to to get it?
>
>If this is really not that interesting, could someone just tell me what
>it looks like?

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009