  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n069 by Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n069 by Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n069
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 18:34:24 -0800

Michael Fetterman wrote:

> I beleive that someone on the list said that the cabble connector to an
> Okidata printhead in the model 82/92/93/182/192 series fit the Poqet
> expansion bus connector, and pinouts are available in the archives.
> Common as those printers were, one ought to be able to find a dead one at
> a computer flea market for nearly nothing. I have a few (still working
> ones) available for intersting swaps.
>
> Michael Fetterman

Inside near the very bottom there is a connecter with 40 pins on top
that with some work will fit inside the Poqet (though you'll only get
either the top or bottom row of pins). It is a little weird but for
someone who only wants to make a serial port for the Poqet it may be
easier than etching some PC board or soldering wires onto the pins.

--
Peter Vieth
Fitek@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009