  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n068 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n068 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n068
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:32:31 -0500 (EST)

I beleive that someone on the list said that the cabble connector to an
Okidata printhead in the model 82/92/93/182/192 series fit the Poqet
expansion bus connector, and pinouts are available in the archives.
Common as those printers were, one ought to be able to find a dead one at
a computer flea market for nearly nothing. I have a few (still working
ones) available for intersting swaps.

Michael Fetterman

> > .. Anyhow I have amased some info on it, and am now looing for SRAM
> > cards,
> There was a company (a few yrs ago) that was selling 1MB & 2MB SRAM
> cards-- brand name UNUSED, quality, units-- all but dirt cheap! They
> were some sort of Grid (the computer company) surplus units and their
> only problem was that they had a big Grid sticker stuck on them (and
> that the sticker directed you to install the cards the wrong way up).
> Hardly much of a problem really!
>
> > WP 5.1 romcard, and a serial cable, or at least info on how to build
> > one....
> As the special connectors necessary to build the cable are unavailable,
> I think your best bet would be to purchase any cables you needed from
> someone on this list. The going price seems to be in the $25-$30. If you
> *really* want an unused cable ASAP, you can purchase one from
> www.cadigital.com for more than twice that price.
>

> Cordially,
> Richard Kanarek

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009