  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n066 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Poqet PC Promotional demo by Kay & Mark Minckiewicz <kmark@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n066 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n066
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:01:49 -0800

Dear Mr. Iannone:

Hello (and belated hello to our other new colleague, Karen, too)!

Regarding your recent post:
> I have a poqet PC classic, with no docs or sw or cards. It works fine, and I
> got it for 10 dollarss inadvertantly - I bought a 286 carcas and found it
> inside!
Eeek! JUST LIKE "ALIENS"!!! <g>

> .. Anyhow I have amased some info on it, and am now looing for SRAM
> cards,
There was a company (a few yrs ago) that was selling 1MB & 2MB SRAM
cards-- brand name UNUSED, quality, units-- all but dirt cheap! They
were some sort of Grid (the computer company) surplus units and their
only problem was that they had a big Grid sticker stuck on them (and
that the sticker directed you to install the cards the wrong way up).
Hardly much of a problem really!

The company "Reboot" also seemed quite honest as they actually did ship
the product without problems and didn't try to supplement their low
prices by overcharging on shipping! All in all, I'd recommend them (and
I think I just did <g>).

(BTW, I just used Infoseek to try to find info on Reboot. You might want
to view "http://www.grot.com/pen-geos/zoomer-list/ogo-4Q1996/0349.html"
for more info).

Disclaimer: Though the Grid SRAM cards seem to be working fine in my
Poqet, perhaps I should point out that I did not originally purchase
them for it nor am I prepared to warrent that they are 100% compatible.
Once again, however, my 2mb cards seem to be working fine.

> WP 5.1 romcard, and a serial cable, or at least info on how to build
> one....
As the special connectors necessary to build the cable are unavailable,
I think your best bet would be to purchase any cables you needed from
someone on this list. The going price seems to be in the $25-$30. If you
*really* want an unused cable ASAP, you can purchase one from
www.cadigital.com for more than twice that price.

> ALSO I have a 128kb ROM card with the Poqet PC Promotional demo on
> it... its pretty cool but useless to me. if anybody wants it....
I certainly don't want to take your card but perhaps you could make the
Poqet demo software on it available for downloading or e-mailing?
Assuming that there are no copyright problems.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Poqet PC Promotional demo by Kay & Mark Minckiewicz <kmark@xxxxxxxx>

From: Kay & Mark Minckiewicz <kmark@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet PC Promotional demo
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:12:16 -0500

-----------------<snip>-----------------
> one.... ALSO I have a 128kb ROM card with the Poqet PC Promotional demo on
> it... its pretty cool but useless to me. if anybody wants it....
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Anthony Iannone
> aiannone@xxxxxxxx

I would like to see what this demo looks like.  Is there a way to copy
it to anouther source so it could be sent via the internet.  I doubt
there is any copyright on it.  It seems that this would be a nice
addition to the Poqet Software Page.  Has anyone done this already and
is there a site I can go to to get it?

If this is really not that interesting, could someone just tell me what
it looks like?

Thanks,
-MM

--