From: "Chris Choy" <crown@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XyWrite
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:01:32 -5:00

I don't know it it has been suggested But I've been using ABILITY
PLUS. I bought the original Version in the 1980's I recently
Purchased the last version for about $25.00 CAD.

It is a fully intergrated package Consisting of:

Word processor
spread sheet
Graphics
Presentations
Data Base
Communications

The entire package including sample files comes on two 3.5 inch
floppies so it takes up very little space

The entire system is a DOS application.

there are still several packages avaliable new. As it has been out of
production for a few years once they're gone they're gone

RE: XyWrite by Yujin Nagasawa <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:26:51 -0500

Do you know where you can get it?
It sounds a good software.

Thank you,
Yujin

Re[2]: XyWrite by tdc@xxxxxxxx

From: tdc@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re[2]: XyWrite
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 98 09:59:04 PST

Yes - Ability plus works very well AND the file structure for the word
processor files is WORDSTAR compatible, and the database XBASE compatible.
 BUT it never got to the point of working with proportionally spaced fonts.

I use TMASTER - another intergrated DOS product with WP, Spreadsheet,
Database, Communication etc.  BUT it also is no longer available (but I BET
I could get permission to distribute it - without support of course!).  It
can be configured to work with proportional fonts - even Post Script!  BUT
YOU must do the configuration.

It is NOT WYSIWYG but embedded text formatting (and I PREFER it that way!)
but it DOES have a graphic page preview.

2 MEG of disk space is all it needs for EVERYTHING - but stripped down to
just the WP - only a couple 100k!

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009