  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n051 by Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n051 by Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n051
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 19:18:36 -0800

poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> * replying to messages in this digest can be found at the
> * end of the digest.
>
> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v002.n051.1 ---------------
>
> From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n050
> Also, regarding a connector for building cables, I have several OKI 182 &
> 192 printers (working) that could be caniballized (sorry about the
> spelling, but don't wanna bother to lookitup) for the printhead
> connector that someone here reported fits the Poqet expansion bus. There
> are also a couple of OKI 92 or 93 that I have not checked. It would seem
> a share to destroy a working printer just for the connector, but does
> anyone have any good things to swap for one ?

The connector has 40 pins on top, only on the top. FOr building a modem
that would be enough. It will take some work but its a lot easier than
making your own connecter (it's difficult gluing 40 pins at .5mm spacing
). It may seem like a waste, but my OkiData 193 is broken and not worth
fixing since I have two other printers. I might as well make some use of
it before I throw it out.

--
Peter Vieth
Fitek@xxxxxxxx