From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Thanks for the tech. info!
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:45:37 -0800

Dear Messrs. Mason & Vieth:

Just a short note to say thanks for the information you recently
supplied (reprinted below)!

Mr. Mason:
> For what it's worth, the Poqet does check for extended BIOS stuff during
> the boot-up sequence.  That's how the Poqet FDD works -- there's a ROM with
> a bit of XBIOS code in it.

Mr. Vieth:
> For those of you out there trying to build a poqet cable, take a look at
> the Okidata Microline 19xs. I was taking apart my broken 193 when I
> found that the end connector for the print head under the metal plate is
> exactly the right size for the poqet! It would also be quite simple to
> solder wires on to the other end.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n045 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n045
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:50:46 -0800

Dear Mr. Christensen:

Regarding:
> I was reading some of the recent posts and it seemed like someone said
> it was possible to hook a harddrive into the Poqet. If this is true what
> is required, what limits are there, etc...

The posts you are referring to mentioned that, since the Poqet has a
superset of the IBM 8 bit (XT) bus at its connector, it would be
possible-- with sufficient engineering & construction-- to attach any
IBM 8 bit (XT) card to its bus. This would include a Hard Drive
controller & HD. There are, however, practical considerations which
would most likely make this infeasible.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n045 by john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>

From: john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:39:06 -0500 (EST)

I've never heard of 4 mb cards for Poqet, nor of backlit screens.  What is
tdc@xxxxxxxx talking about?

John Mercer

Re[2]: Digest poqetpc.v002.n045 by tdc@xxxxxxxx

From: tdc@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re[2]: Digest poqetpc.v002.n045
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 98 10:43:11 PST

tdc isn't talking about this!  I was inquiring as to WHO??? left that
message!

I (tdc) like you have never heard of 4 mb RAM cards BUT have heard it will
work with 4 mb flash.  I also heard there was a backlit Poquet Plus.

My use would be for use with GPS and the backlight would be nice - if I can
ever find out WHO?? sent this original message - Infortunately my mailer -
CCMAIL is either too braindead to tell me who sent it or too arogant to
think I don't need to know!

> I have 3 Fujitsu Poqet Pcs for vailable with backlit LCDs. They all have
> either 1mb and 4mb or 2mb and 4mb PC cards. I only have one link cable and one
> external Power supply between the 3 of them though. I'll accept any reasonable
> offer.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009