From: Peter Vieth <Fitek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n043
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 16:46:55 -0800

For those of you out there trying to build a poqet cable, take a look at
the Okidata Microline 19xs. I was taking apart my broken 193 when I
found that the end connector for the print head under the metal plate is
exactly the right size for the poqet! It would also be quite simple to
solder wires on to the other end.

--
Peter Vieth
Fitek@xxxxxxxx

Lotus for Poqet for sal by john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>

From: john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lotus for Poqet for sal
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:27:48 -0500 (EST)

I would be willing to see a Lotus 1-2-3 card for the Poqet PC for $20.00.
Please reply to me directly by e-mail and avoid cluttering the list with
for-sale chat.

John Mercer
jmercer@xxxxxxxx

Changing subject lines. by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Changing subject lines.
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:55:29 -0800

Hi all,

Just a reminder.  When you're responding to a digest, please change the
subject from "Digest poqetpc.v002.n021" or whatever to a meaningful subject
line.

No big deal, but it makes it easier for the rest of us to know what you're
talking about.  It also makes it easier for people to browse the archives.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Bryan Mason
Poqet PC Mailing List "Mom"

Extended BIOS (was "Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n042") by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Extended BIOS (was "Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n042")
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:55:27 -0800

At 05:33 PM 1-24-98 -0800, Richard Kanarek wrote:
[...]

>As far as the Poqet's BIOS needing to support a MFM HD, it doesn't need
>to at all; a proper IBM XT's BIOS doesn't support any sort of HD either.
>For it to support a XT HD adaptor card (MFM, SCSI, or whatever), the
>Poqet would only need to support checking for add on BIOS (as a proper
>XT/XT Clone does). A XT type HD adaptor (any sort) would take care of
>installing its own support if given the chance.

For what it's worth, the Poqet does check for extended BIOS stuff during
the boot-up sequence.  That's how the Poqet FDD works -- there's a ROM with
a bit of XBIOS code in it.

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n043 by JONIGOTI <JONIGOTI@xxxxxxxx>

From: JONIGOTI <JONIGOTI@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:56:21 EST

I have 3 Fujitsu Poqet Pcs for vailable with backlit LCDs. They all have
either 1mb and 4mb or 2mb and 4mb PC cards. I only have one link cable and one
external Power supply between the 3 of them though. I'll accept any reasonable
offer.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009