  1. Poqet Expansion Connector (was "Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n035") by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n037 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Poqet Expansion Connector (was "Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n035") by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Expansion Connector (was "Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n035")
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:39:54 -0800

At 04:32 AM 1-11-98 -0800, Richard Kanarek wrote:
>Am I not correct that the Poqet does not merely require a cable for it
>to be attached to anything but also requires some cktry too? Isn't the
>port on a Poqet a superset of an IBM 8bit PC slot (which has no direct
>support for a parallel, serial, or FDD connection)?

It is true that the expansion port on the Poqet is a superset of the IBM-PC
ISA bus.  The reason it's a "superset" is that the expansion port also
contains all the RS-232C standard signals (RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS, etc.).

So there is built in support for serial, but nothing else.

-- Bryan

Bryan Mason, Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n037 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n037
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:25:59 -0800

Hello All.

Dear Mr. Glenwright:
> A home-brew serial port doesn't require circuitry -- I know because I've
> made one (see an earlier posting of mine in the archive). The port provides
> a complete (or almost complete) signal set for RS232 comms. The only
> difficult bit is rigging up a bit of Veroboard to fit into the Poqet's port
> and bring those signals out! I believe the FAQ gives provides full pin-out
> details.
Thanks for the correction!

Dear Sabrodsky:
> Greetings all,
> My Poqet is gone and somewhat missed so:
> Free as a pack for the asking:
> Poqet quick reference
> Poqet price list
> Poqet utilities on 360k disk
> Poqet utilities on 720k disk
> Regards,
> Sascha
> P.S.: anyone have a Poqet for sale really cheap?
a. Very sorry to read of your loss!
b. Should you reconsider giving away you Poqet acc's before you see if
   you can acquire a new Poqet?
c. Though it's probably hardly very cheap, $189 will still (I think) buy
you a "new" poqet from CADigital.

Richard Kanarek

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009