Volume 002, Number 031, 17 Dec 1997

  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n030 by Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n030 by Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>

From: Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n030
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:48:39 -0500 (EST)

> From: john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Screen problems
>
> Help!  Is this the fmaous black screen problem.  I turn it on; nothing
> happens.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Finally, the screen comes on for a second,
> then goes black.  Repetitions of turning it on finally yield a working
> screen, at unpredictable intervals.  I have tried different batteries.
> Early on, the darkening of the screen could be corrected by toggling the
> power management key.

Try pushing on the black ribbon cable and see if the screen changes. If
so, then yes, the Black Screen of Death has come upon you.

> I think this is beginning to happen now because I just bought a back-up
> machine from Bryan, and this machine was dissed.

Very likely!

              \\                      Geoff Sullivan        sunfish@xxxxxxxx
 \\   ....;;;;;;;;;;o.      _ \\                         FidoNet: 1:101/337
 //    ''       //                              http://www.gis.net/~sunfish
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009