Volume 002, Number 030, 16 Dec 1997

  1. Screen problems by john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Screen problems by john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>

From: john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Screen problems
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:55:09 -0500 (EST)

Help!  Is this the fmaous black screen problem.  I turn it on; nothing
happens.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Finally, the screen comes on for a second,
then goes black.  Repetitions of turning it on finally yield a working
screen, at unpredictable intervals.  I have tried different batteries.
Early on, the darkening of the screen could be corrected by toggling the
power management key.

I think this is beginning to happen now because I just bought a back-up
machine from Bryan, and this machine was dissed.  Any other ideas?

john mercer

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009