From: Don Yates <dyates@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PCMCIA cards in W95 (commiseration, not solution!)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:24:43 -0500 (EST)

In the old, W3.1 days I installed a Cardtalk  card slot in my desktop and
was able to work the cards back and forth, no problem -- they showed up as
the next drive-letters in sequence.

The Cardtalk software would not work with W95, and afdter many agonizing
tech-support, re-install, download the new driver, reinstal, etc.
routines, I got W95 to recognize that indeed, there WERE slots and had
card in them.  I have nonetheless been unable to access them in any way.

This September, noticing that one of my PQs was getting the pinstripe
screen problem, and being totally unable to swap card, I actually went out
and got a Psion Series 5 (sorry, I know this is a PQ list and I feel awful
bringing it up ).  The S5 has a more cramped keyboard but pretty good
software;  OTOH, the interface between desktop and palmtop is iffy.  Now
it's working.  For three weeks it wasn't, and I reinstalled W95 five ties,
reformatted C: twice.  As I say, now it's working (or was the last time I
backupped).  Just goes to show, nothing with computers is easy.

DY

PS  If any New Yorkers are interested in a couple of PQs, cables, etc., I
might be talked into parting with them as an exercize in
non-sentimentality -- but God, I loved my Poqet!!!

Re: FS -- Poqets by Don Yates <dyates@xxxxxxxx>

From: Don Yates <dyates@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FS -- Poqets
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:35:48 -0500 (EST)

I have two PQs -- a 512K and a 1M -- I can be talked into parting with,
plus some 1 & 2 M cards, a couple of 512's, etc.  Cables -- yes.  Make
offer, NYC or SFBay area only (12/21/97-1/2/98).

DY

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009