From: ISEEMAN@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet and Poqet parts
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 00:21:37 -0700

I'm selling new Poqet Classic with manuals.
512K SRAM and connecting cable also available, with or without the
Poqet.

If interested contact:

Iseeman@xxxxxxxx
Laszlo Farago
San Jose, Ca.

Re: FS: pc card drives by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FS: pc card drives
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 13:53:26 -0700

Just some helpful (I hope) comments:

- The TMB-201-03 does work with Windows '95, but it forces Windows to run
*all* the drives in "MS-DOS Compatibility Mode," which seriously hurts disk
performance.  Windows does this because it doesn't know how to virtualize
the ThinCard Drive, and there aren't any 32-bit drivers for the TMB-201.  I
successfully ran a TMB-201 on my Win95 machine for a while until I upgraded
the PCMCIA card slot.

- Poqet bought their Flash cards from Intel, so the Intel card is a Poqet
card, for all intents and purposes.  It should work the same as a
Poqet-labeled card.

-- Bryan

At 12:04 PM 9-6-97 -0700, Bob Strand wrote:

[...]

>Each package contains a short PC board, a 24" interconnect cable, a 3.5"
>drive unit with mounting adapter for 5.25" drive slots if needed, software
>and documentation. It requires DOS 3.3 or later, and I have used one
>successfully with Windows 3.1, although I've heard they're not compatible
>with Windows 95.

[...]

>Additionally, I have an Intel 1 MB Flash card.  My feeling is that it can be
>used similarly to the Poqet 2 MB card, but I can no longer remember if this
>is the case.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009