From: ahm@xxxxxxxx (Andreas Meyer)
Subject: Re: ActionTec PCMCIA programmer PC-300
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 09:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> what is a PCMCIA Programmer ? Why would I want one ?

Basically, it's "PCMCIA slots for your desktop machine".

I think it's the easiest way to move data into and out of the Poqet PC.
I've used a serial cable with limited success, but that whole procedure
is pretty awkward for me.

I should probably mention that I'm a relatively new Poqet PC owner,
having bought mine from California Digital a couple of months ago.
I'm still working out all the little nuances.

Andy

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n007 by Ernest J. Yanarella <ejyana@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Ernest J. Yanarella" <ejyana@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n007
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 22:08:16 -0400

     Has anyone had experience using the PCMCIA slot on their laptop to
transfer and convert files to its floppy disk.  Mike Fetterman's recent
e-mail query elicited this question.  I find the present file transfer from
Poqet to Desktop PC so cumbersome and confusing that I have let me teenage
son do it.  Now that he started his first year of college, I am left high
and dry.  I like the Poqet for its convenience, small size, and
portability, but whenever I get a long file on it, I dread the prospects of
switching it to the desktop and to Word.  Help!

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009