Volume 002, Number 007, 31 Aug 1997

  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n006 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n006 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n006
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:07:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hello. Thanks for the tip.

I know that my Classic uses Type I PCMCIA memory cards. However what is
a PCMCIA Programmer ? Why would I want one ?

Also, I know it is in the FAQ from Bryan, but could some knowledgeable
person here initiate a discussion of the type and limitations of PCMCIA
RAM cards (re: voltage, FRAM vs SRAM, linear, etc) as used in the Poqet ?

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> * replying to messages in this digest can be found at the
> * end of the digest.
>

> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v002.n006.1 ---------------
>
> From: ahm@xxxxxxxx (Andreas Meyer)
> Subject: ActionTec PCMCIA programmer PC-300
> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 12:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
>
> FYI,
>
> California Digital has a "PCMCIA Programmer" for a desktop system
> advertised at $139.  The unit is the PC-300 by ActionTec (formerly
> PreMax).
>
> Please be aware that the same item is available for $105 plus shipping
> from Primary Simulation, Inc.  in Silver Spring, MD.
> The relevant web-page is http://www.psism.com/reader.htm
> and their phone number is (301) 572-2168.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>

> --------------- END poqetpc.v002.n006 ---------------
>

> * POQET PC LIST SUBSCRIBERS:  When replying to digest messages,
> * make sure that the "To:" field in your reply is set correctly.
> * Some mail readers will automatically send your reply to
> * <PoqetPC-Errors@xxxxxxxx>.  If you want to reply to the
> * sender of the message or to the entire maililng list, you
> * will have to adjust the "To:" field of your reply.
> *
> * If you wish to reply to the entire mailing list, set the "To:"
> * field to <PoqetPC@xxxxxxxx>.  Remember, all mailing list
> * commands should be sent to <PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx>.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009