Volume 001, Number 134, 11 Jul 1997

  1. Re: Serial Cable by Class3Dep@xxxxxxxx

Digest Articles

Re: Serial Cable by Class3Dep@xxxxxxxx

From: Class3Dep@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Serial Cable
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:33:09 -0400 (EDT)

I purchased a new PoqetPC from Cal Digital. I was surprised to find a
computer, a photocopied manual (with portions marked through), and nothing
else. No serial cable. No parallel adapter. Nothing!

I tried to format a Control 512k SRAM on the machine. It won't recognize it.
It had been used on a Sharp PC3000 (now physically damaged). I was able to
format and use it on a Casio Cassiopeia. Can anyone help me with this to
work?

I have read the help messages on the list. Can it be as simple as etching a
pcboard? No buffers required? I believe I can handle that much. The buffers
thing scared me.

Does anyone know where I can get a parallel (or serial) cable inexpensively?
I only paid $200 for the computer. I would hate to spend nearly the same
amount just for cables so I can connect it up.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Dennis Vest

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009