Volume 001, Number 129, 27 Jun 1997

  2. Re: Self introduction by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:17:12 -0700

Hi all,

Please, if you have "personal" business, do not post it to the mailing
list.  I just saw several messages that went something like:

	Martha: "Please send me the RAM card"

	Joe: "OK, I sent it today"

	Martha: "Great! What's the tracking number"

	Joe: "The tracking number is 1122334"

Please keep these kind of communications in private e-mail.  I'm sure most
of the people on the mailing list aren't interested in this sort of
information, and it just takes up extra net bandwidth.  In general, if
you're responding to a "For Sale" message on the list, reply via private
e-mail.

Thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter.

Bryan Mason
Owner, Poqet PC Mailing List

Re: Self introduction by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Self introduction
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:17:13 -0700

Hi Michel!

The bigger switch is a lock to hold in the battery tray.  If you slide the
big switch away from the white write protect switch, it will keep the
battery from falling out.  If you slide the big switch toward the white
switch, it will allow you to pull the battery out.

Unless you're changing the battery, it's a good idea to keep the big switch
in the "locked" position (away from the white switch).  I've dropped my
SRAM cards a couple of times on their edges so the battery was knocked out
when it hit the ground.  If I had the switch in the "locked" position, that
wouldn't have happenned.

-- Bryan

At 12:40pm on 25 Jun 97, Michel Huynh wrote:

>I have a question : the SRam card, branded Poqet, have two (2 !) switch
>on the small side, one white for the write protection, and another, bigger
>and black, what is his utility ? Can anyone explain it to me ? Is it possible
>to change the lithium battery in the card ?
>
>In conclusion, I am very happy to know that I am not the only one user of
>an old, but so charming, material, in the Pentium Pro age...

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009