From: "Dennis Murphy - [Team NT]" <dmurphy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n118
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:38:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

-> Okay!  Thanks, Anna, for your input (really
-> appreciate it.)  It makes sense, however, I guess
-> the test will be if one can make a boot SRAM card
-> using a later version of DOS (I'm not sure which
-> version first supports hard disks over 30M) and
-> then see if Poqet can access the hard drive.

Any DOS version 4 and greater will do the trick, but I also believe Compaq
DOS 3.3 supported > 32 meg drives....  Any MessyDOS 4.0 or IBM PC-DOS 4.0
and greater will do the trick for ya....

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n118 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 12:56:38 -0400 (EDT)

The first DOS for partitions larger than 32 megs was Compaq DOS 3.31; the
first MS or PC DOS to do it was DOS 4.0, which had a needlessly large,
wasteful set of boot files. Likely MS or DR DOS 5.0, 6.0 or IBM PC DOS
6.1 or 6.2 or 6.3 is most appropriate.

For sure, the boot files must be in the boot sector of a boot disk. Not
sure what the boot sector on an SRAM card is though.

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009