From: AnnaBlade@xxxxxxxx
Subject: non dos disk msg
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:27:05 -0400 (EDT)

Larry and Bill,

I've noticed this non dos disk message too, when using Interlnk on the
Poqet and Intersvr on my HandBook. I figured that since part of Interlnk is
loaded at bootup, it uses the DOS version it finds on the Poqet - namely
3.3 which can't read drives larger than ~30 megs.

Now there are three of us with three different theories.

Anna

non dos disk msg -Reply by bmoy@xxxxxxxx

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: non dos disk msg -Reply
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 11:02:19 -0400

Sender: poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx

Larry and Bill,

I've noticed this non dos disk message too, when
using Interlnk on the
Poqet and Intersvr on my HandBook. I figured that
since part of Interlnk is loaded at bootup, it
uses the DOS version it finds on the Poqet -
namely
3.3 which can't read drives larger than ~30 megs.

Now there are three of us with three different
theories.

Anna

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Okay!  Thanks, Anna, for your input (really
appreciate it.)  It makes sense, however, I guess
the test will be if one can make a boot SRAM card
using a later version of DOS (I'm not sure which
version first supports hard disks over 30M) and
then see if Poqet can access the hard drive.

There is a way to make the boot SRAM disk, however
I was limited in only creating one using
POQET's DOS3.3 from it's c: drive.  You have to
copy DOS3.3's version of SYS.COM to drive d:.  To
boot from drive a:, you must hold down the Poqet
key during reboot.  I've tried many ways to make a
DOS6.22 boot SRAM card but failed.  I don't have
another system with a PCMICA drive and simply
copying the files does not create a boot card.
Does anybody out there know *exactly* why?  I
think it has something to do with the boot sector,
but I'm not sure.  AND does anyone know a
work-around solution?	-Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009