Volume 001, Number 117, 3 Jun 1997

  1. intersvr -Reply by bmoy@xxxxxxxx

Digest Articles

intersvr -Reply by bmoy@xxxxxxxx

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: intersvr -Reply
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 11:28:02 -0400

I have tried to use intersvr and interlnk to
connect my Poqet computer to a desktop computer.
I can access the remote floppy drive nicely
(typically drive e:), but I get a "non dos disk"
error when I try to access the hard drive.  I
suspect that there is a switch needed on either
interlnk or intersvr, but I haven't discovered it
yet.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Larry

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hi Larry, I've encountered the same problem too,
however, I always thought the problem was because
my hard drive was compressed using DOS 6.22's
DriveSpace and the Poqet was running DOS 3 (point
zero, I think).  There also isn't a problem going
the other way using INTERLNK/INTERSVR, that is,
using the other system to run programs off any of
the drives off the Poqet.  I had in mind to
reformat my hard disk just to test this out but
haven't had the time, and, now, don't have the
Poqet since I was pick-pocketed this past Memorial
Day weekend.

Do you know if your hard drive is compressed?
On my Poqet, INTERLNK/INTERSVR reads the drive and
even it's contents but doesn't run/read any file
except on the floppy.

Sorry, I couldn't help you much now, but I would
very much like to be updated if you've advanced
any further on the problem. 	-Bill

PS. I hope you didn't mind that I posted your
question on the Poqet list.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009