  1. Re: v001.n113 - New subscriber, PPP Link w Nettamer? by John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Net-Tamer Script for concentric.net by sharriso <sharriso@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: v001.n113 - New subscriber, PPP Link w Nettamer? by John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>

From: John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: v001.n113 - New subscriber, PPP Link w Nettamer?
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 08:23:09 -0700

Steve Harrison:

If you could get on using Procom then you should be able to get on with
Net-Tamer.

First, use Procom and turn on log/capture. Then look at file and what
your Poqet w/ Procom does.

On my PoqetPC w/ Net-Tamer I use Script #2 to log onto my ISP. I am also
using version 1.08 XT.

If you are using ver. 1.09 Beta, I think that may be a part of your
problems. Also be very sure you have properly set up Net-Tamer. Proper
setup info is critical and the PoqetPC's display can be  a problem
because of so much info on the one screen. David Colston @ Net-Tamer is
out of the office until 5/28/97, so don't expect an answer from him
unitl after that date.

If you continue to have problems, drop me a note direct.

John Oram
<norami@xxxxxxxx>

> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v001.n113.1 ---------------
>
> From: sharriso <sharriso@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: New subscriber, PPP Link w Nettamer?
> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 22:03:50 -0500

> I hook up an old 9600 bps Hayes modem to the serial cable to access my
> internet service provider, Concentric Net, from almost any city to check mail usine shell access and Procomm.

I have downloaded the XT version of this and tried to connect to
Concentric's PPP access, thus far without success.  The modem
successfully negotiates, but the screen shows unintelligible characters
and I can't get past the initial connection.  Has anyone else worked out
the script to successfully accomplish this connection at Concentric Net
using Nettamer on a Poqet classic?

From: sharriso <sharriso@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Net-Tamer Script for concentric.net
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 23:37:03 -0500

I have successfully constructed a logon script for use of Net-Tamer for
PPP access to the internet service provider Concentric Net
(www.concentric.net).  I have used it successfully to access services at
this ISP running Net-Tamer on my Poqet classic.  It is a nice way of
using POP3 servers, etc., to read and edit messages offline (ran out of
SRAM card space trying to view http pages, however).  Here is the script
I used:

WAIT user:<32>-OR-#600
BLAST Username$@ppp
WAIT assword:<32>