From: swdecato@xxxxxxxx (Steven W. Decato)
Subject: Re: Poqet LOTUS 123 for sale
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 01:43:33 GMT

The software will ship tomorrow via regular postal service (first
class mail).  Let's just call shipping $5 so the total is $30.  You
can wait for it to arrive if you want.  Please return a money order
for $30 to:

Steven W. Decato
313 Ardennes Circle
Seaside, CA  93955

(408) 899-9625

On Fri, 16 May 1997 01:25:58 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Mr. Steven W. Decato,
>
>My name is Yujin Nagasawa. I am a international student at State =
University
>of New York. I read your article on Poquet PC mailig list. If you still
>have
>Poqet LOTUS 123, please sell it to me. I can pay you  by a money order =
or=20
>a personal check.   Please send me more information.
>
> thank you.
>
>Yujin Nagasawa
>30 Chandler Sq
>Apt #12
>Port Jefferson=20
>NY 11777
>
>516-331-8359

Steve
swdecato@xxxxxxxx
http://www.mbay.net/~swdecato

RE: Poqet LOTUS 123 for sale by Yujin Nagasawa <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 23:14:54 -0400

OK, I will send you $30 as soon as possible.
Thank you very much!

Re: ///////// ??? What's happen? by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ///////// ??? What's happen?
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:33:34 -0700

Hi Yujin!

It sounds like the contacts on your keyboard may be dirty.  It looks like
what you're getting when you press POQET-ESC is just an ESC key, without
the POQET key.  It also looks like your "t" key is sticking.

If you are adventerous and good with your hands, it's possible to open up
the Poqet and clean the keybaord contacts (the technicians at Poqet used to
do this alot).  Instructions on how to open the Poqet PC are on the Web
Site, but you need to be very careful.

-- Bryan

Poqet FDD Driver (was Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n108) by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet FDD Driver (was Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n108)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:33:32 -0700

Poqet wrote their own driver for the Poqet FDD -- it resides on a small ROM
in the Poqet FDD controller cable.  When you boot the Poqet with the FDD
cable installed in the expansion port, a small extended BIOS routine
reconfigures the Poqet so that the ROM in the Poqet FDD appers as part of
drive C:.  I can't remember the name of the driver right now, but if you
type out CONFIG.SYS after having booted the Poqet PC with the FDD cable
installed, you should see a "device=" line that wasn't there before.
That's the FDD driver.  Because the driver was specifically written for the
Poqet, I doubt if it would run on a standard XT-compatible machine.  I bet
the Poqet driver has lots of power management stuff in it.

-- Bryan

At 12:53pm on 5/16/97, Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I have been unable to get ANY old 8088 machine to recognize a 1.44 floppy
>as anything but a 720. What file is in the POQET's config.sys that acts
>as the device driver ? What version of DOS does the POQET have in ROM ?
>This could be a solution to recycling some old 8088s.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009