From: wayne24@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n103
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 03:47:20 GMT

Richard,

I have modified one of my Poqets to accept a plugin AC adapter and
have in mind to do the other one sometime.  I have also modified my
disk drive and have an AC Adapter for it also.

There are several ways to do this and I have seen schematics on all
the ways to do it with a listing of parts (all from Radio Shack).
I'll have to locate the files I have on this as I did this some time
ago and I know I have it on one of my myriad of backup tapes I have.
I just have to find it.  If I am unsuccessful I'll try to write up my
own or perhaps someone else on this list has the info to post (if so
please go ahead and post it as it may take me a few days to find
mine).

I want to thank Bryan for pointing out to me that all diskette drives
for the Poqet are 1.44mb.  Somehow when I first got my drive I
couldn't get any 1.44mb diskettes to work in it and simply assumed
that only 720 kb diskettes worked in it.  My drive is a 1.44mb and
works fine with 1.44mb diskettes (Note:  you must have a Poqet disk
driver loaded by config.sys for it work).

Recent discussions here about changing out batteries should include
this piece of information.  The ability to change batteries without
losing info you have stored is due to a rather large capacity
connected to the motherboard of the Poqet.  If you lift the battery
cover you find at the left end under "Menu" a small piece of plastic
cover--under that cover is the capacitor.  It is very easy for the
capacitor to become disconnected from the motherboard even though it
is very well secured to the Poqet.  If you have lost the ability to
retain your stored info it may well be that the capacitor needs to be
resoldered to the motherboard.  This is no easy task but I have had to
do it more than once since I installed an ac adapter plugin which made
the capacitor ride on top of the plug.  The connection to the
motherboard is very visible so you can tell if yours is connected or
not.

Hope to be able to give a fuller report on ac adapters later.

Virgil Medlin

[Fwd: Re: new version of nettamer] = works with PoqetPC by John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>

From: John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: new version of nettamer] = works with PoqetPC
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 08:20:41 -0700

--------------5FAF25DC355F

Al:
Attached newgroup info is for Net-Tamer, which has a XT version with a
switch {/q} for the PoqetPC. I have seen several people besides myself
using Net-Tamer.

I'm using version 1.08-XT with various external modems and Net-Tamer
works as advertised.
John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>

--------------5FAF25DC355F

Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 02:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: NetTamer List <nettamer@xxxxxxxx>
To: norami@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: new version of nettamer

~Original header data:
~From: jhawkin@xxxxxxxx
~Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 18:49:09 -0800

Hi Bill,

On 1997-05-07 nettamer@xxxxxxxx said to jhawkin@visuallink.com

   >I'm wondering if anyone knows if there either is or soon will be a
   >new version out?

The 1.09 beta is up on the Web Page if you want to try it. If you don't
have any problems with the version your running you don't need to change!
Testing Betas is fun but save off your old files just in case!

        http://people.delphi.com/davidcolston/

I see the 1.09 version is fairly stable now, (few problems reported on
the list) so, unless Uncle Dave has a trick up his sleeve he wants to
try out yet, I figure the 1.09 release will be soon.

I run the latest 1.09 (386) beta but I like the 1.08 (XT) reader! Because
of the load I have on this machine and the later readers changing to the
editor directory on reply. This setup has to be flexible to test the
programs I reference in the FAQ also 8-). And I always check the Beta's
reader before I switch back.

Later,

Jeff
---
No Windows? Just Dos? No Speed? Just an old XT? | jhawkin@xxxxxxxx
Surf's up anyway! See the Net-Tamer FAQ 4 more! | Middletown, Va. U.S.A.
Can I yell "Movie" in a crowded firehouse?      | Will sys-admin for Food
+++++++ http://www.landfield.com/faqs/off-line-readers/net-tamer ++++++++
+++++++ http://www.landfield.com/faqs/autos/sport/monster-trucks ++++++++

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered

--------------5FAF25DC355F--

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n103 by Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx

From: Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 17:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

Anybody have a Poqet floppy drive they want to sell?
Thanks,
Sascha Brodsky

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009