From: "Al" <wyn@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet and internet
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 11:33:40 +0000

is someone use internet and read email on a poquet or a poqet plus ?

wyn@xxxxxxxx

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n103 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n103
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 22:53:07 -0400 (EDT)

I think it would be fairly easy to add a mini phono jack to the end of
the battery box in the POQET, to accept a plug supplying 3 v.d.c.  I think
it would be safer to supply the power from a pair or larger pack of
appropriately wired "D" batteries. I do not trust the stability of most
wall plug in inexpensive power supplies, and do not know how tolorant the
POQET itty-bitty bitsies would be of even a minor voltage surge. A set of
four "D" cells would likely last a year, and be portable to boot
                                                      (no pun intended).
The serial port would be most inappropriate for power input.

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

Re: Poqet and internet by Aaron Wallace <aaron@xxxxxxxx>

From: Aaron Wallace <aaron@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet and internet
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 09:22:10 -0700

At 11:33 AM 5/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>is someone use internet and read email on a poquet or a poqet plus ?

I haven't actually done it, but check out NetTamer, Minuet, and
Pegasus for DOS.  Either of these in theory should accomplish
some of these goals; NetTamer is widely used in the 200lx
community, and there is a palmtop-specific version.  Of course,
you'll need a serial connector and modem...

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009