From: wayne24@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n096
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:18:45 GMT

I am still interested in buying a parallel port cable if anyone has
one for sale?  I want to try the parallel SCSI attachment that I have
read about in this list.

I am also interested in learning how to swap out my 720k diskette
drive with a 1.4mb disk drive.  I tried putting in a regular 1.4 drive
(everything matches up) but I am not certain how to set the jumpers on
the 1.4mb.  If anyone has information on this I would appreciate
knowing about it.  I have converted my diskette drive to use an
outboard battery charger.

Has anyone tried the Greystone device that allows you to use Type II
and Type III PCMCIA cards in Type I devices?  They also have a voltage
converter.

Appreciate any info.

Virgil Medlin

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n096 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 00:37:59 -0400 (EDT)

Not elegant, but duct tape will cover the vulnerable port cheaply. A
small sliver each time might cost 10 or 15 cents per year.

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

RE: Digest poqetpc.v001.n096 by mary maruszewski <mweishan@xxxxxxxx>

From: mary maruszewski <mweishan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:50:39 -0500

Hi all,
The list hasn't come in awhile so here's an update.
I was considering buying a PoqetPC or a Prolinear
for my daughter, and everyone here was very
helpful with their input.
	I ended up with the Prolinear for three reasons:
1) The price for all cables, 1 meg. sram, book and case
     was about $50 less than the equivalent Poqet gear.
2) Prolinear is still being made.
3) Previous familiarity with DOS 5.0 and MSWorks for
    DOS which is on the Prolinear.

Much thanks to all for their down-to-earth help and
suggestions.
Mary
----------

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hello . . .
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:41:15 -0700

--------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v001.n096.2 ---------------

From: "Jeff Urs" <yorker@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hello . . .
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 15:47:35 -0400 (EDT)

The list still seems to be working fine...

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good way to deal with
a lost proprietary-multi-function-port rubber cover-thingy.  I
suppose that I could keep my serial cable on and put a wrap plug
on it, but that sort of defeats the portability of the machine.

--
Jeff Urs                email: yorker@xxxxxxxx, stalky@lexgate
Phone: (606) 243-4832   snail: 11th Floor, 250 W. Main St

--------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v001.n096.3 ---------------

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Hello . . . -Reply
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 17:14:25 -0400

Sender: poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx

HELLO ... Hello ... hello ... (hello) ...

ECHO ... Echo ... echo ... (echo) ...

Haven't seen much traffic in the last couple of
weeks, so I thought I'd send a test message to
make sure we're up and running.

--Bryan

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Yeah -I thought I was knocked off this list (becuz
I wasn't getting any mail)

I've been holding off on my report on using
SuperStor V2 along with Windows/286, Excel V2.1d
and Above Disk (an EMS creator and manager)
because I'm still testing with those BUGS!
(yeecchhh)  But it'll be coming real zoon.	-Bill

--------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v001.n096.4 ---------------

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hello . . . -Reply
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:59:00 -0400

Sender: poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx

The list still seems to be working fine...

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good
way to deal with a lost
proprietary-multi-function-port rubber
cover-thingy.  I suppose that I could keep my
serial cable on and put a wrap plug on it, but
that sort of defeats the portability of the
machine.

--
Jeff Urs                email:
yorker@xxxxxxxx, stalky@lexgate
Phone: (606) 243-4832   snail: 11th Floor, 250 W.
Main St
Fax:   (606) 243-4999          Lexington, KY 40507

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hey! Yorker!

How 'bout buyin' a cheap eraser and a new razor.
Draw a couple of straight lines using a ruler and
slice a nice fit.  Buy an artist's eraser (I think
it's called "MagigRub" or somptin like that.)
it'll have a nice flex, more than the usual pink
kind.

Another cheap idea from Bill.

--------------- END poqetpc.v001.n096 ---------------

* POQET PC LIST SUBSCRIBERS:  When replying to digest messages,
* make sure that the "To:" field in your reply is set correctly.
* Some mail readers will automatically send your reply to
* <PoqetPC-Errors@xxxxxxxx>.  If you want to reply to the
* sender of the message or to the entire maililng list, you
* will have to adjust the "To:" field of your reply.
*
* If you wish to reply to the entire mailing list, set the "To:"
* field to <PoqetPC@xxxxxxxx>.  Remember, all mailing list
* commands should be sent to <PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx>.

512K Poqet SRAM for sale by Dorian Garson <doriang@xxxxxxxx>

From: Dorian Garson <doriang@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: 512K Poqet SRAM for sale
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:50:06 -0700

Genuine Poqet!  Make an offer.

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n096 by Lo Len Smucker <lolen@xxxxxxxx>

From: Lo Len Smucker <lolen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:29:02 -0400 (EDT)

>HELLO ... Hello ... hello ... (hello) ...
>
>ECHO ... Echo ... echo ... (echo) ...
>
>Haven't seen much traffic in the last couple of
>weeks, so I thought I'd send a test message to
>make sure we're up and running.
>
>--Bryan

I really like the great battery life of the Poqet but for some odd reason I
still want to increase it if possible.

Question:  Does it make a difference in battery life if I turn it off with a
screen filled with text (or, for that matter, a graphic) or, turn it off
with only the prompt left on the screen?

Len

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n096 by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:02:09 -0700

At 8:29am on 11 Apr 97, Lo Len Smucker <lolen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I really like the great battery life of the Poqet but for some odd reason I
>still want to increase it if possible.
>
>Question:  Does it make a difference in battery life if I turn it off with a
>screen filled with text (or, for that matter, a graphic) or, turn it off
>with only the prompt left on the screen?

Nope.  I'm pretty sure that it takes as much power to hold a "0" as it does
a "1".

--Bryan

Re: Hello . . . -Reply by Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 06:19:13 +0100

In message <199704101301.GAA10832@xxxxxxxx>, bmoy@POPCOUNCIL.ORG
writes
>The list still seems to be working fine...

ditto...

>I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good
>way to deal with a lost
>proprietary-multi-function-port rubber
>cover-thingy.  I suppose that I could keep my
>serial cable on and put a wrap plug on it, but
>that sort of defeats the portability of the
>machine.

Jeff,

I've never had a problem with leaving the rubber cover off. I keep my
Poqet in its case all the time when its not in use.

My problem is broken hinges! The right hand side hinge is broken on mine
and I've had to repair it a number of times by using super glue to put
the bits together again. This is the side where the flat cable connects
to the display!

The hinge appears to get very stiff if the Poqet gets cold, like kept in
my briefcase in the car overnight, and when you open the lid in the
morning. bingo. the hinge breaks...

Regards,

Paul Bigwood G3WYW
Commercial Sales Manager