From: Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n092
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:58:00 -0500 (EST)

I recieved my Poqet from Ca. Digital today. Overall, I'm extremely impressed.
However, there's a small double line at the bottom of the screen that
interferes with text. Is this a known problem?
Regards.

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n092 by Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:39:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I recieved my Poqet from Ca. Digital today. Overall, I'm extremely impressed.
> However, there's a small double line at the bottom of the screen that
> interferes with text. Is this a known problem?
Try pressing the blue Poqet key (left of the space bar) at the same time
as one of the top row keys that has a blue symbol on it.  If a small
rectangular bar appears above that key *on* that small double line, then
it is normal, it is the status bar.   If not, it is a defective Poqet.

Domingo

P.S. At 640 by 200 pixels, your screen is smaller than your 640 by 400
desktop screen, so you will see less text.  True of every palmtop.

Poqet sram to laptop? by Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx

From: Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet sram to laptop?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 23:12:17 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to all for the feedback I've gotten on my screen problem. Has anyone
had experience taking a pcmcia sram card from a Poqet and trying to read it
in a laptop?
Regards,
Sascha Brodsky

Re: Poqet sram to laptop? by Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet sram to laptop?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 06:21:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 Sabrodsky@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks to all for the feedback I've gotten on my screen problem. Has anyone
> had experience taking a pcmcia sram card from a Poqet and trying to read it
> in a laptop?
> Regards,
> Sascha Brodsky

Yes, and it works great. If you have a laptop (or a PC with a card reader
like I do) it's a much better solution than the clumsy cable connection.

If your laptop runs Windows 95, be sure to look in Help under "To install
PC card support for an SRAM memory card" and follow those directions,
which are also found at the Poqet website.

Michael

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009