From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n087
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:20:20 -0500 (EST)

Do you have any idea what OS$DT.COM does, Domingo ?

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

Re: Hidden Files on the Rom Disk (C:) by Brent B. Powers <powers@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Brent B. Powers" <powers@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hidden Files on the Rom Disk (C:)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:34:58 -0500

Domingo Diaz-Vazquez writes:
 > From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
 > To: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
 > Subject: Re: Hidden Files on the Rom Disk (C:)
 > Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:38:12 -0500 (EST)
 >
 > On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Bryan Mason wrote:
 > > At 12:02pm (EST) on 6 Mar 97, Alessandro Foi <foi@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
 > > >I was wondering what are those hidden files on the C: drive of my
poqet...
 > > >if I remember they were SYSMOD.COM... mhhhmm... no, I don't remember the
 > > >others...
 > > I just did an "ATTRIB *.*" on drive C: and I don't see any hidden
files...
 > > Am I missing something?
 > > -- Bryan
 >
 > The Poqet has Dos 3.30, which did not allow you to see or mess with
 > hidden or system files.   Not until Dos 5 (or 4 ?) could you mess with
 > those files with only Dos.  Using LIST, I found the hidden files to be:
 > DISKCOMP.COM, DISKCOPY.COM, IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS, NULL, OS$DT.COM,
 > and POQET.ROM.   Most of this files also have the system flag set.
 >
 > I hope that answers your question.   It doesn't seem that the Poqet has
 > any secret programs or games.
 >
 > Domingo

I've no idea at all why we did that to diskcomp or diskcopy.
OS$DT.COM is used to reset the date when rebooting.

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n087 by Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:26:45 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Michael Fetterman wrote:
> Do you have any idea what OS$DT.COM does, Domingo ?

It is supposed to help preserve the date and time when you reboot.  But
it doesn't work right.  There is an updated driver at the Poqet Web site.

Domingo

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n087 by Brent B. Powers <powers@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Brent B. Powers" <powers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 14:44:38 -0500

Michael Fetterman writes:
 > From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
 > To: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
 > Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n087
 > Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:20:20 -0500 (EST)
 >
 > Do you have any idea what OS$DT.COM does, Domingo ?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it's loaded at device driver
time to initialize the clock on a warm-boot. (Otherwise the clock
would reset to 1980 or whatever it was.)

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009