  1. Poqet/2MegSRAM/Cable for sale by mholman@xxxxxxxx
  2. Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082 by Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Poqet/2MegSRAM/Cable for sale by mholman@xxxxxxxx

From: mholman@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet/2MegSRAM/Cable for sale
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:42:11 -0600

Hello,

I have the following items for sale:

 - Poqet PC (Classic)                     ($110)
 - 2-Megabyte Verbatim PCMCIA S-RAM card  ($120)
 - PC to PoqetPC data cable               ( $25)
 - CD case used to hold Poqet [black]     (  $7)

or

 The first $250 takes all of it.
            ---

Reasonable offers are welcome :)

FYI:  I purchased this setup brand new from Cal. Digital almost two years
      ago.  I used it to keep notes when I would travel (several times
      a year).  Thus it has had very light use during its lifetime.

thanks,
mike

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082 by Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>

From: Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:42:54 -0800 (PST)

OK, so you can somehow fit MS Windows onto the Poqet. But, how long do
the batteries last when running it?  I quickly stopped using MS Works for
DOS on the Poqet because the memory management function wouldn't work, and
the batteries would last only about 10 hours or so. To me, that's not a
useful battery life and pretty much defeats the purpose of using the
Poqet.

- Dayton

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009