From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: SuperStor V2.0
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 10:04:02 -0500

Hi all,
I'm about to start to use Superstor V2.0, an
on-the-fly disk compression program, to try to
double my SRAMs.  It looks like the hard and
software requirements matches that of the Poqet.
Because I never enjoyed using the program, or
maybe it's just that the manual seem to make it
sooo complicated, I'm wondering if anyone out
there had favorable results using the program.
Thanks in advance for any support!

	-Bill

PS  I'll post my results when I finish...

Hidden Files on the Rom Disk (C:) by Alessandro Foi <foi@xxxxxxxx>

From: Alessandro Foi <foi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hidden Files on the Rom Disk (C:)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 12:02:03 EST

Hi,

I was wondering what are those hidden files on the C: drive of my poqet...
if I remember they were SYSMOD.COM... mhhhmm... no, I don't remember the
others...

Ciao, Alessandro

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:21:17 -0500 (EST)

I have used WINDOWS 3.0 on 8088 laptops with POQET sized RAM in real
mode. I do not recall the aggregate size of the minimal necessary files.
I t likely is bigger than WINDOWS 2.0.  WINDOWS 386 was the sme sized
predecessor of WINDOWS 3.0. I never before heard of WINDOWS 286. I have
copies of WINDOWS 3.0, 386 and 2.0. I'd guess that 3.0 copies are still
available somewhere.

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

Question... by bmoy@xxxxxxxx

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Question...
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 13:39:53 -0500

I gotta question...

My experience with different laptops with CGA
screens offered different ways of inverting screen
colors; some used a sliding switch - where you can
an any time invert black to white even when a
program is running.  Others used built in TSR,
accessed by a sequence of keystrokes; in this
case, a Bondwell 310, it was Alt-F9 or F10, which
as far as I know was undocumented -even their
support was not aware of this, I ran across it by
accident by playing around with the keyboard.

This has always been a problem for me because on a
LCD CGA screen, Windows ONLY looks "right" in one
and not the other because some colors are hard
coded in the program, like icons, menu boxes, etc.
 Switching all the colors via Control Panel's
Color Palette doesn't quite do it (although it's
acceptable.)  I've tried using DOS's Escape
sequences, but that's only good if you're in text
mode.

Does anyone know of a way of reversing the Poqet's
screen? through DOS or otherwise?

Sorry about wanting the world on 512K...

Mooocho Grraaatss for any help you can give.	-Bill

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n082 by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 15:47:26 -0500 (EST)

Bryan, your discussion of LIM-MC brings to mind the notion that perhaps=20
earlier versions of DESQVIEW will make better use of the Poqet's=20
resources in multitasking than WINDOWS. For that matter, LIM aside,=20
GEOWORKS might be most appropriate as a mort efficient GUI for=20
an 8088 processor in 512K RAM.

I'll also mention that I have "converted" some thick cards to thinner/3.3 m=
m=20
Type I cards thickness (a $15 faxmodem I recall) by prying one metal cover=
=20
off and covering the contents with tape. Of course, that did nothing for=20
the differences in electrical specification, and the faxmodem card still=20
won't work in the Poqet.

If LIM-MC is in con=FE=F2fig.sys, then by booting off a floppy, which I thi=
nk=20
my manual alludes to, couldn't we boot without the config.sys/LIM-MC ?

Michael Fetterman
d005041c@xxxxxxxx

HELP by Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: HELP
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 21:58:34 +0000

HELP
--
Paul Bigwood

Hi New reader by Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Bigwood <bigwoodp@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hi New reader
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 22:49:36 +0000

Hi, My name is Paul Bigwood and I have been using a POQET PC for nearly
7 years now.  Only discovered this mailing list recently.

I have a PQ-0164 in daily use. I've got the parallel cable, a serial
port adaptor, and a couple of cards.

Software wise I have AWORKS and usually that lives in Drive A with a 1MB
card in drive B. I have used TOP before. This is an old DOS to do list
processing package. Very simple to use and quite effective.

I use the scheduler and address book every day. I mostly use the AWORKS
spreadsheet, and have used the wordprocessor when on a plane.

It was the size and weight of the Poqet that appealed to me first off.
Battery power is phenominal. Batteries last for weeks. I use alkaline
cells everytime. I usually buy the expensive long lasting ones. These I
find are a better investment.

Over the years I've tried lots of different shareware software packages
for various activities.

I was interested to read in the archives about using stacker on the
cards. Interesting idea. I have got a copy of stacker somewhere, but
didn't realise there was a .COM version! i'll have to dig it out and
have a look.

I wrote a program in C to force the display into CGA mode at boot up
using the extended ROM BIOS routines, then discovered the sysmod
command!

I am currently working on decoding the scheduler fileformat so that I
can write a utility to dump the diary to a printer. Anyone done this
before?

Look forward to reading the mail and contributing wherever I can.

Best Regards,

Paul Bigwood,
Commercial Sales Manager,
Yaesu UK Ltd.