From: McWrapper@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n073
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 23:22:30 -0500 (EST)

"Ram cards left in the PCMCIA slot (Take the bloody things out when
you don't need them)"

What do you mean I have to take out the ram cards...Its a pain to take then
in and out.

What will that have to do with battery depletion?

Eric

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n073 by Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo" <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 23:32:21 -0600 (CST)

>>"Ram cards left in the PCMCIA slot (Take the bloody things out when
>>you don't need them)"

>What will that have to do with battery depletion?

SRAM, unlike flash RAM, needs power souce to retain the memory.

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs

INFO RESPONSE -Reply by bmoy@xxxxxxxx

From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
Subject: INFO RESPONSE -Reply
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 17:15:28 -0500

Sender: poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx

Command: subsingle
	subscribe <bmoy@xxxxxxxx> - successful

----- INFORMATION FOR LIST poqetpc -----

BEGIN INFO poqetpc

Welcome to the Poqet PC Mailing List!  If you
haven't already done so, please take a moment to
check out the Mailing List Web Page at
<http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/mailing-list.
html>.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to
everyone else on the  mailing list.  In
particular, I'm sure that we all would like to
know  what kind of Poqet PC you have, how long
you've used it, and how you  find the Poqet PC
useful.

Remember that all messages to the list should be
sent to  "PoqetPC@xxxxxxxx".  Only commands
(like "subscribe" and  "unsubscribe") should be
sent to "PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx".

If you have any questions, comments, or
suggestions for improvement,  please feel free to
send a message to "PoqetPC-Owner@xxxxxxxx"

Thank you again for subscribing.  Welcome and
enjoy!

Bryan Mason, Moderator

END INFO poqetpc

:From bmoy@xxxxxxxx  Thu Feb 20 14:55:46
1997
:From: bmoy@xxxxxxxx
:Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:03:30 -0500
:To: PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx
:Subject:   :
:subsingle
:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hello everyone!  I'm new on the block, just
subscribed yesterday when my job upgraded mestuff
to Windows95 with Netscape including outside web
access!!!  I'm having a blast exploring the net
for the first time.

Anyhow, my name is Bill Moy,38 ,in New York doing
Grants Accounting.  Got a Poqet PC, model no.
PQ0164 which I kouldnot pass up for $189 -WOW!
(still WOW even after having it for about a year.)

I remember when, I think it was DAK or Damark -one
o'those mail order catalogues, was offering these
at $600 and they offered a 30 day trial period.
Well, I tried it, loved it and was extremely
tempted to keep it, but didn't.  I remember the
original package came with the cable and a Lotus
123 program card (hate 123).  So I was kinda
dizzapoined when California Digital offered it
without any accessories ('cept for the Poqet
Utilities disk)

I consider meself a minimalist and I guess at 512K
you gotta be!  I'm very proud that I figured out a
way to run Windows 3.0 on a 720K floppy!!  It can
run on a duo-floppy system with 640K.  It can even
run ExcelV2.2a!!! (No luck with Word for Windows
yet.)  Of course it runs all of the applettes that
came with Windows3.0 (Write, Paintbruse,
Calculator, Terminal, File Manager, etc.) and can
use scalable fonts (not TrueType -that was
introduced with 3.1)  Of course this has nothing
to do with the Poqet becuz of the 512K limitation
-unghnnn...)

Which lead me to the next question:  Is there any
(repeat, any) way of expanding the 512K RAM to
640K or more???  This would make me very happy!

Also, I can't get my drive A sram card to boot up
to a later DOS than V3.3.  I tried to replace the
boot files: IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS for V6.22 onto a
bootable A: card that was formatted by Poqet's C:
drive, but, no go.  Trying to use SYS.COM from a
remote drive was also unsuccessful... any ideas???

I already downloaded VDE and I am AMAZED by it
capabilities, especially for a 78K program!!  I
will register soon, I'm sure, and get the spell
checker utility (another WOW!)

Anyhow, looking forward to knowin y'all!

Bubbye, -Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009