From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Where to get Old Software!
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:14:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi all.   Some of you were wondering where to get old Dos software.
The only place I know that specializes in old software is:
Recycled Software, Inc.
P.O. BOX 33999
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89133-3999
Phone 702-655-5666
Fax 702-655-5662
Toll free 1-800-851-2425

Their prices are high in my opinion, but at least you can get the old
programs.   If the program has a registration card, they charge more.
They also buy old software, of course.   They can also alert you when
they get specific titles in if you ask them to.   If they don't have what
you want, you can ask them to send you a catalog, or put a search request
as above.

If you feel just a little grateful for this information, please mention
my name when you order.   I will get a discount on my next purchase that
way (my name is Domingo Diaz-Vazquez).   That discount is available to
you as well if you tell a friend and he orders.

Best regards,

Domingo

P.S. Just in case you did not noticed from the above, what they sell is
*used* software, and yes, this is legal.

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n070 by sinneD yhpruM <dmurphy@xxxxxxxx>

From: sinneD yhpruM <dmurphy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n070
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:16:40 -0500 (EST)

-> As you may have concluded from the vast number of responses to your post,
-> the subject of Poqet PC cables is not a popular one.  The Poqet PC used to
-> be called "the small computer with the big cables."  Now, it's just "the
-> small computer with no cables."
->
-> Seriously . . . serial cables for the Poqet are *very* hard to find.  Some
-> people have even resorted to building their own.  Many people install a
-> PCMCIA card reader on their desktop and use the PCMCIA cards to transfer
-> data (that's what I do, too).
->
-> Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Good luck.

youch! :(

I wish I had the kind of money to get a PCMCIA card reader... in that
case, couldn't I just get a PCMCIA modme and transfer it that way?? that
would make more sense to me.. :)

If you find someone with a serial cable by some mysterious luck, please
let me know ASAP! :)

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n070 by Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>

From: Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 09:20:24 -0800 (PST)

> MDA displays (which the Poqet has) will display bold and underline
> (although I don't remember being able to do italics).
>
> At 10:06am on 14 Feb 97, David Deckert <jeeves@xxxxxxxx>, wrote:
> >On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Aaron Wallace wrote:
> >
> >> If size is critical, MS Works for DOS is a good way to go--
> >> it can be run in a pseudo-graphical mode (you get italics and bold).
> >
> >I think that works by replacing the graphic card's text font which will
> >only work on VGAs.

Actually, if you put the Poqet in graphics mode (when the circle is
underlined) and configure MS Works to use graphical mode, then you will
get bold, underlined, italics, etc.  But the real problem of running
MS Works on the Poqet is that the power management mode isn't allowed to
operate, and the Poqet batteries run out in about 10 hours. I've been
spoiled by the "infinite" life of the batteries now, and I won't settle
for a meager 10 hours.

I'm still looking for a nice little word processor that will wrap words
and "unwrap" words when I delete some in a sentence, and that will allow
the Poqet power management to operate. I haven't found one yet, and if I
haven't located one by summer, I might reprogram my own text editor to do
just that. Anyone know of a small word processor that will do what I'm
looking for? Wrap and unwrap will make me very happy.

- Dayton

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n070 by Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 12:27:13 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Dayton Marcott wrote:
> Actually, if you put the Poqet in graphics mode (when the circle is
> underlined) and configure MS Works to use graphical mode, then you will
> get bold, underlined, italics, etc.  But the real problem of running

That's strange.  It never worked for me (and I know how to setup works
and the Poqet).

Domingo

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n070 by Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo" <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:48:53 -0600 (CST)

>I'm still looking for a nice little word processor that will wrap words
>and "unwrap" words when I delete some in a sentence, and that will allow
>the Poqet power management to operate. I haven't found one yet, and if I

That reminds me of pico's behavior -- the little editor that comes in the
Pine mailer package. I hear there's PC port of Pine, so you may want to
check that one out. I don't know if it will work on Poqet, though.

Come to think of it, pico's behavior is exactly opposite of what you
describe (or what I understand of what you're trying to describe). It
loads text in unwrapped mode (if there are lines more than width of the
screen), and will wrap them if you edit the long lines. Or something like
that...

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs