  1. Re: New Subscriber by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: Hi to Everyone! by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: New Subscriber by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Subscriber
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:39:09 -0800

MDA displays (which the Poqet has) will display bold and underline
(although I don't remember being able to do italics).

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hi to Everyone!
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:39:07 -0800

Hi Dennis,

As you may have concluded from the vast number of responses to your post,
the subject of Poqet PC cables is not a popular one.  The Poqet PC used to
be called "the small computer with the big cables."  Now, it's just "the
small computer with no cables."

Seriously . . . serial cables for the Poqet are *very* hard to find.  Some
people have even resorted to building their own.  Many people install a
PCMCIA card reader on their desktop and use the PCMCIA cards to transfer
data (that's what I do, too).

Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Good luck.

-- Bryan

At 5:21pm on 11 Feb 97, Dennis Murphy wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>	I'm not currently the owner of a Poqet PC, but I may become one
>shortly, depending on what I can find here for the poor thing... :-)
>
>What I need right now is to know where I can find some kind of transfer
>cable between my desktop PC and the Poqet PC.....  If I can pick up
>something along that line fairly cheaply, I'll probably purchase this
>thing quite cheaply... :)

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009