From: Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: poqet gone dead for no reason
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 19:19:36 +0000 (GMT)

well , presumably there is a reason.

i typed a few pages and printed them out.  then switched off.

next time i tried to switch on nothing at all.  it's not the batteries as
with completely new ones there's no difference.

any ideas??

rhys

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n062 by Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>

From: Dayton Marcott <daytonm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n062
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:55:13 -0800 (PST)

> From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n055
> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 08:48:59 -0800
>
> >From my experience, parallel-port HDD's and FDD's work fine.  I've heard
> that Zip drives won't work becuase the drivers require a 386 processor (I

IOMega does say that a 386 is required, but I have heard from others
that it will function with an 80186 processor. I'm not sure what computers
use a 186, but I think the HP palmtops do.

- Dayton

Re: poqet gone dead for no reason by Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: poqet gone dead for no reason
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:15:11 GMT

On 1997-02-03 poqetpc@xxxxxxxx said to ddvteach@gatecom.com
   >well , presumably there is a reason.
   >i typed a few pages and printed them out.  then switched off.
   >next time i tried to switch on nothing at all.  it's not the
   >batteries as with completely new ones there's no difference.
   >any ideas??

     Did you try pressing the reset button?  It is located between the
     backspace button and the ScrLk button.

     Domingo
Net-Tamer V 1.07X; Beta - Test Drive

Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet? by Rev. M.A. Cobb <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Rev. M.A. Cobb" <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet?
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 17:48:19 -0500

------------559570237CF60

Hi All,

Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with a Prolinear 386?  The
picture that can be found at the below mentioned website looks like a
Poqet to me.  This line in quotes was emailed to me from one of their
reps.

"The price for the 2 Mb 386 model is $899 and you may upgrade to 4Mb
for $99. Please visit www.prolinear.com for pricing and accessories. "

Let me know what you think...thanks!
<HTML>
<HEAD>
   <TITLE></TITLE>
   <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Mozilla/3.0Gold (Win95; I)
[Netscape]">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>God Bless! </P>

<P>In His Service, </P>

<P>Rev. M.A.Cobb </P>

<P><><   <><   <><
Visit us at - http://www.htp.com/revcobb/genesis1.html <><
<><   <><   </P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

------------559570237CF60

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Hi All,</DT>

<DT> </DT>

<DT>Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with a Prolinear 386?
The picture that can be found at the below mentioned website looks like
a Poqet to me.  This line in quotes was emailed to me from one of
their reps.</DT>

<DT> </DT>

<DT>"The price for the 2 Mb 386 model is $899 and you may upgrade
to 4Mb  for $99. Please visit www.prolinear.com for pricing and
accessories. "</DT>

<DT> </DT>

<DT>Let me know what you think...thanks!<BR>
-- <BR>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><BR>
<HTML><BR>
<HEAD><BR>
   <TITLE></TITLE><BR>
   <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Mozilla/3.0Gold
(Win95; I) [Netscape]"><BR>
</HEAD><BR>
<BODY><BR>
<BR>
<P>God Bless! </P><BR>
<BR>
<P>In His Service, </P><BR>
<BR>
<P>Rev. M.A.Cobb </P><BR>
<BR>
<P>&lt;&gt;&lt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&gt;&lt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&gt;&lt;<BR>
Visit us at - http://www.htp.com/revcobb/genesis1.html &lt;&gt;&lt;
&lt;&gt;&lt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&gt;&lt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</P><BR>
<BR>
</BODY><BR>
</HTML><BR>
 </DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------------559570237CF60--

Re:Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet? by Brent B. Powers <powers@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Brent B. Powers" <powers@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet?
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 18:21:33 -0500

M. A. Cobb writes:
 > From: "Rev. M.A. Cobb" <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>
 > To: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
 > Subject: Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet?
 > Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 17:48:19 -0500
 >
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with a Prolinear 386?  The
 > picture that can be found at the below mentioned website looks like a
 > Poqet to me.  This line in quotes was emailed to me from one of their
 > reps.
 >
 > "The price for the 2 Mb 386 model is $899 and you may upgrade to 4Mb
 > for $99. Please visit www.prolinear.com for pricing and accessories. "
 >
 > Let me know what you think...thanks!

I can assure you that it is NOT the same as a Poqet, as we never got
that far (to a 386, that is). Anything else you're on your own for...

Be well, B'ruch Hashem.

Re: Prolinear 386 Same as Poqet? by Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo" <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:36:24 -0600 (CST)

>Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with a Prolinear 386?  The
>picture that can be found at the below mentioned website looks like a
>Poqet to me.  This line in quotes was emailed to me from one of their
>reps.

>"The price for the 2 Mb 386 model is $899 and you may upgrade to 4Mb
>for $99. Please visit www.prolinear.com for pricing and accessories. "

I got one. It's not a Poqet. It's a thing someone cooked up. The internals
are made in Japan (that's good), but assembled in Taiwan (bad). That said,
the weakest point of the Prolinear is its housing. It's flimsy, and cheap
feeling that something will break anytime.

Technical side. It's has a AMD386SX-25 running at 20Mhz. And no, you
cannot raise the speed above 20MHz. The 2MB (or 4MB) RAM can be either
setup as a VDISK, or XMS/EMS like the fellow 386 desktops. The expansion
slots only accept PCMCIA 1.0-height cards, but will accept any sort of
PCMCIA -- modems, ATA cards, SRAM cards, etc. I tried ATA hard disk cards,
but I guess the 4 AA batteries just don't have enough juice to get it up.

Other than that, it has standard 9-pin serial and 25-pin parallel right on
the back of the machine. The keyboard is rather cheesy in feel than Poqet;
and the screen is downright dissapointment -- instead of clear plastic
over the LCD like poqet, it has MATTE textured one. Stupid engineering, I
guess. On the other hand, it does not reflect the light when the angle is
right.

It can also contain a built-in 1200bps modem. But with support virtually
zero (you won't get any replies), Prolinear is a very hellishly expensive
unit (now). If you're looking into one, look for IBM PC110 and Toshiba
Liberetto -- they are in the smae price category (>$1000) but has features
that are built A LOT better, and features that are more advanced and
usable.

BTW, what are those junks trailing your post?? It's not the Goodtime
virus, is it? (^;

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs

Re: poqet gone dead for no reason by Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>

From: Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:56:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Domingo Diaz-Vazquez wrote:

>      Did you try pressing the reset button?  It is located between the
>      backspace button and the ScrLk button.
>
>      Domingo

well not this time.  i've done it before when it has happened before but
i don't want to do so this time if i can avoid it as i don't want to lose
what's in the poqet-write files.  i will if i have to of course but is
there something else which this symptom portends?/

rhys>

Re: poqet gone dead for no reason by Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: Domingo Diaz-Vazquez <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:15:15 GMT

On 1997-02-04 poqetpc@xxxxxxxx said to ddvteach@gatecom.com
   >On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Domingo Diaz-Vazquez wrote:
   >>      Did you try pressing the reset button?  It is located
   >>between the       backspace button and the ScrLk button.
   >>      Domingo
   >well not this time.  i've done it before when it has happened
   >before but i don't want to do so this time if i can avoid it as i
   >don't want to lose what's in the poqet-write files.  i will if i
   >have to of course but is there something else which this symptom
   >portends?/
   >rhys>

     As far as I know, all it means is that you did something the Poqet
     did not like (software wise, particularly TSR's).  In my experience
     it is best to run the Poqet with no TSR's (even poqet tools does not
     behave well with some programs, and definitely not with other TSR's).
     Also, as a general rule I would avoid putting anything important on
     the built it RAM disk, to avoid this type of problem.  Resetting the
     Poqet will not affect SRAM cards.   Sorry, but the Poqet does not ask
     you if you want to reset the RAM disk, a la HP200LX.

     Sorry I could not be of more help.  I would be surprised if there was
     an alternative.

     Domingo

Net-Tamer V 1.07X; Beta - Test Drive

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009