From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n055
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:31:42 -0500

>Game Recommendation
>-----------------------------------
>I've run Dungeon, the predecessor to and freeware version of Zork I.  It
>worked quite well!  You can find the game on http://www.shareware.com/
>by searching for PCDUNGEO.

This reminds me of what I play on my Poqet- the old Infocom classics.

I've been using the story files from the "Masterpieces of Infocom"
collection and playing them with an interpreter known as JZip.

For PCDUNGEO and other interactive fiction, try the I-F archive at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de

>Floppy Drive Suggestion
>-----------------------------------
>I just made a deal with another owner to buy his Poqet Floppy drive, and
>I'm looking forward to using it.
>
>For those not so lucky, I think there's another slim chance: buy a Poqet
>serial cable and an old Tandy PDD, the portable floppy drive made for
>the Tandy 100.  It runs on a serial line, and there's a PC utility to
>connect to it at:
>http://www.clark.net/pub/m100/pages/comp/m100/m100Main.html
>
>The floppy format is proprietary, and gives you about 100K per disk.
>
>I own a Tandy PDD, but haven't yet tried this. I'm about to close a deal
>on a Poqet serial cable.  When I get the cable, I could certainly give
>it a try if anyone's interested.

This should work, though the PDD won't appear as a drive on the Poqet.
Rather, you'll run a utility to copy files to and from the Poqet.

Personally, I've been wondering about the Parallel adapter and whether
one of the following would work:

1) Parallel port HD.
2) Parallel to SCSI adapter connected to a SCSI drive. (Zip, anyone?)
3) Parallel port Zip drive using the 'guest' utility. (I've heard of this
   working on other XT-class PCs.
4) Interlink/Laplink over parallel.

<<<John>>>

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n055 by Brent B. Powers <powers@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Brent B. Powers" <powers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:20:37 -0500

John Ruschmeyer writes:
 > From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@xxxxxxxx>
 > To: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
 > Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n055
 > Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:31:42 -0500
 >
 > >Game Recommendation
 > >-----------------------------------
 > >I've run Dungeon, the predecessor to and freeware version of Zork I.  It
 > >worked quite well!  You can find the game on http://www.shareware.com/
 > >by searching for PCDUNGEO.
 >
 > This reminds me of what I play on my Poqet- the old Infocom classics.
 >
 > I've been using the story files from the "Masterpieces of Infocom"
 > collection and playing them with an interpreter known as JZip.
 >
 > For PCDUNGEO and other interactive fiction, try the I-F archive at
 > ftp://ftp.gmd.de
 >
 > >Floppy Drive Suggestion
 > >-----------------------------------
 > >I just made a deal with another owner to buy his Poqet Floppy drive, and
 > >I'm looking forward to using it.
 > >
 > >For those not so lucky, I think there's another slim chance: buy a Poqet
 > >serial cable and an old Tandy PDD, the portable floppy drive made for
 > >the Tandy 100.  It runs on a serial line, and there's a PC utility to
 > >connect to it at:
 > >http://www.clark.net/pub/m100/pages/comp/m100/m100Main.html
 > >
 > >The floppy format is proprietary, and gives you about 100K per disk.
 > >
 > >I own a Tandy PDD, but haven't yet tried this. I'm about to close a deal
 > >on a Poqet serial cable.  When I get the cable, I could certainly give
 > >it a try if anyone's interested.
 >
 > This should work, though the PDD won't appear as a drive on the Poqet.
 > Rather, you'll run a utility to copy files to and from the Poqet.
 >
 > Personally, I've been wondering about the Parallel adapter and whether
 > one of the following would work:
 >
 > 1) Parallel port HD.
 > 2) Parallel to SCSI adapter connected to a SCSI drive. (Zip, anyone?)
 > 3) Parallel port Zip drive using the 'guest' utility. (I've heard of this
 >    working on other XT-class PCs.
 > 4) Interlink/Laplink over parallel.

I'd be amazed if the zip or jaz drive worked.  However, it seems to me
that we did play around with a parallel port HD back before public
release, and it worked.  Just make sure that the drive has it's own
power supply.

Re: Poqet for sale by caprio@xxxxxxxx (Don Caprio)

From: caprio@xxxxxxxx (Don Caprio)
Subject: Re: Poqet for sale
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 10:16:44 PST

> On 1997-01-28 poqetpc@xxxxxxxx said to ddvteach@gatecom.com
>    >My offer is $150.
>      I wonder if you received my reply.

I did, thank you. I'm interested, however I just closed escrow yesterday on
my new home which left me a little dry in the pockets.
If you haven't sold it by 2/8 I'mm take it.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009