From: Steve Markle <smarkle@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Serial Cable or Alternative?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:53:30 -0800

	Hi. I am a new member of the Poqet community. I purchased a new unit as =
part of a fund raiser at my son's school for $25 (heck of a deal). =
Unfortunately this price did not include any cables. I have since =
purchased (from California Digital) a parallel cable and a 2 Mb RAM =
card. Both have been tested and work well.
	Now the missing piece is the serial (or VNA) cable to allow me to =
connect to my computer or to a modem. Is there anyone out there willing =
to part with one of these cables (for a fair price)???? OR is there a =
was to use/modify the parallel cable to do serial (without losing the =
ability to use it as a printer cable)???
	I would like to be able to use my unit as a lightweight dial up (smtp) =
mail client. Has anyone worked with this with success???

	In the worst case , without the additional cables, I STILL believe that =
I got a heck of a deal on a very powerful calculator/address book/ =
notebook that remains ahead of the competing models (not bad for a unit =
that has been off the market for over a year). Thanks in advance for any =
replies.

-Steve-

Steve Markle
LAN Administrator
CPI - Satcom Division
Palo Alto, California

Re:ca digital by Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>

From: Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:ca digital
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:06:27 +0000 (GMT)

i can't get a web page for ca-digital any more

anyone know what's happened?

rhys

Re:ca digital by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:31:42 -0800

I just went to <http://www.cadigital.com/> and the page loaded fine.  There
are times, however, when I've entered that URL and gotten nothing, like
their server was down.

I guess CA Digital's ISP is just flaky.  They should get another.

-- Bryan

Re: Serial Cable or Alternative? by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Serial Cable or Alternative?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:31:43 -0800

If I remember correctly, the parallel cable has edge connectors for all of
the signals in the Poqet expansion port, even though it doesn't use them
all.  If you're handy with a soldering iron, you should be able to open up
the parallel cable and connect wires to the edge connectors that correspond
to the RS-232 signals on the expansion port (the expansion port signals are
listed on the Web site).  Then you connect those wires to a standard DB-9
or DB-25 connector, and -- voila -- you've got yourself a serial/parallel
cable.

Re:ca digital by Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Psychotic Don't-you-dare-tickle-me Elmo" <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:56:46 -0600 (CST)

>I guess CA Digital's ISP is just flaky.  They should get another.

So's their sales and tech support -- except a guy named Wade. He's
pleasant enough, though.

As for their web address, they just go down now and then. If you can't get
their web page today, try it tomorrow.

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs