From: robert zarcone <bzarcone@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: LetterPerfect & Eye Relief
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 19:32:59 -0800

Hey Everybody:

In regards to several queries about obtaining LetterPerfect(in my
opinion one of the greatest word processing programs that can be
scaled down to work on as little as 500K) all I have is the WordPerfect
phone number from the original reference manual 800-321-2185.  It's five
years old but who knows.

Also, if you want an easy fix for larger print on the Poqet AND,
amazingly enough, an incorporated simply-to-use word processing program
instead or LetterPerfect that only uses 90K try Ken Skier's "Eye Relief
for Laptops."  I called Ken about three years ago and bought the
software so I think he's still around at 617-863-1876.  I'm sure it was
under $100.  It works very well except for the fact that you have to
turn off the power saving settings on the Poqet and switch to Graphics
Mode(a real battery eater).  It also locked up on me once and since my
eyes are still good enough to read 80 columns I don't use it much but
I'm saving it for my old(and probably blinder) age.

Hope this helps,

Robert Zarcone
Bzarcone@xxxxxxxx

Re: LetterPerfect & Eye Relief by Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LetterPerfect & Eye Relief
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 21:47:53 -0600 (CST)

>In regards to several queries about obtaining LetterPerfect(in my
>opinion one of the greatest word processing programs that can be
>scaled down to work on as little as 500K) all I have is the WordPerfect
>phone number from the original reference manual 800-321-2185.  It's five
>years old but who knows.

Gee whiz, I thought everyone knew that... WordPerfect Corporation has
ceased to exist sometime ago. The wordprocessor WordPerfect was first sold
to Novell group, and now sold again to Corel Software. The WordPerfect for
DOS 5.1+ is still available from Corel, which is surprising noting that
they only favor Windows.

If you want the small footprint of LetterPerfect but couldn't get it due
to its rarity, try to get WordPerfect 5.0. The 5.0 will fit on one 720KB
size storage thingie and work (sans thesaurus and spell check).

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
  Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs.

RE: LetterPerfect & Eye Relief by Steven W. Decato <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 22:00:46 -0800

I have a copy of Letter Perfect, like new, Box & DOCS.

$50

Steve

Card-reader by john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>

From: john s mercer <jmercer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Card-reader
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:37:29 -0500 (EST)

A kind person on this list sent me some mail, and sent the list some mail,
offering to sell a Poqet-type card reader for desktop machine for $100.00.
I have lost the name.  Could anyone with a Poqet SRAM reader for desktop
please get in touch with me?

john mercer
jmercer@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009