From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New to List
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:48:30 +8

Wow!  Quite a story!

As far as Sparky is concerned, I think they should be forgotten as a
source for Poqet supplies.  If they're still mentioned on the Web
Site, I should take them off, and I apologize for misdirecting
anyone to them.  I've heard from several people that they don't
return phone calls about the Poqet PC.  It would be nice if they
would at least return the phone calls saying that they don't sell
Poqet PC accessories any more.

As far as 3.5" floppies are concerned, I've used the BackPack FDD
from MicroSolutions, and it seemed to work fine on my PPC.  However,
to connect the FDD, you need the parallel port cable from CA Digital.

On 23 Oct 96 at 7:55, Robert Zarcone <bzarcone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> In the early 1980's I purchased one of the very first Tandy model 100's
> and accessories and basically used it into the ground.  When the Poqet
> appeared I knew it was the logical next step for me.

[...]

> Now I've come across a "third" Poqet via Calfornia Digital.  I'd like to
>  give it to a writer friend of mine but it needs the necessary
> accessories for it to work properly.  My old 20 MB hardrive company is
> history and the newer and larger portable hardrives seem to have trouble
> working with the earlier versions of DOS.  What I'd really like to get
> my hands on is a good portable 3.5 floppy drive.  Anyone out there have
> any ideas?
>
> The original Poqet floppy drive version seems unavailable.  I tried
> calling Sparky Solutions but after 2 months, they don't reply to left
> messages.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Re: New to List by Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 01:26:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Bryan Mason wrote:

>As far as 3.5" floppies are concerned, I've used the BackPack FDD
>from MicroSolutions, and it seemed to work fine on my PPC.  However,
>to connect the FDD, you need the parallel port cable from CA Digital.

California Digital describes the parallel cable as "if you ask, you can't
afford it." On the other hand, the CA Digital rep I talked maybe an idiot
-- who knows... One of their tech support did insist that Poqet Classic
did not have speaker.

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
  Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs.

Lotus 1-2-3 rom card (price reduced) by Bob Strand <rstrand@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bob Strand <rstrand@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lotus 1-2-3 rom card (price reduced)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 18:35:54 -0700

One remaining Poqet Rom card with manual:  Lotus 1-2-3.
Will take $75 for this plus shipping from San Jose, CA.
Please email rstrand@xxxxxxxx if interested.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009