From: Mel Zwillenberg <75746.3705@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Outfit FS
Date: 20 Oct 96 15:10:48 EDT

FOR SALE:

Poqet Classic palmtop computer.
Runs for weeks on 2 alkaline "AA" penlight cells.
512K RAM.
2-PCMCIA type I Release 1.0 slots. (Good for SRAM cards, Can read but
not write Type I Flash cards. Not for modems.
CGA and MDA screen.
----------------------------------------------------$130.

PLUS:

Serial Cable-----------------------------------------$60.

Parallel (printer) cable-----------------------------$60.

Lotus 123 V. 2.2 on PCMCIA ROM card with manuals----$100.

1 MB PCMCIA SRAM card.-------------------------------$50.

OR:***SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICE***: EVERYTHING FOR $325.
and I will pay shipping within the U.S.

Plase reply by e-mail.

Re: New to List by robert zarcone <bzarcone@xxxxxxxx>

From: robert zarcone <bzarcone@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New to List
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 07:55:55 -0700

Hello:

In the early 1980's I purchased one of the very first Tandy model 100's
and accessories and basically used it into the ground.  When the Poqet
appeared I knew it was the logical next step for me.

I purchased my Poqet Classic PC some five years ago.  A local and
small(now extinct of course) computer store had two of them on the shelf
for $2,000 each.  As the months passed they soon droppped to $1,500 and
finally $1,000.  I was ready to make my move and entered the store,
checkbook in hand.  Pandemonium was ensuing.  Apparently the owner had
just that morning decided he had had enough of the major stores
undercutting him and he was literally piling up computer equipment in
the middle of the showroom floor and slapping on random price tags as
his soon to be fired salespeople watched on in horror.  Incredible deals
were passing before my eyes and there, in the middle of the chaos were
my two Poqets, still in their boxes  I grabbed them and said to the
owner: "How much?"  "You tell me," was his reply.  I hesistated and
since I came to spend $1,000 I said: "$500" hoping to get both of them
for the one grand.  "Sold!" he yelled and proceeded to give me BOTH
computers and a pile of SRAM cards to boot for my $500.  I felt like I
was cheating him but he knew me and he insisted.  He said they'd been
sitting on his shelf for almost a year and he was considering giving
them to his nephews anyway.

Since then I have added a 20MB portable hardrive and a old panasonic
laptop w/o hardrive.  I used the portable hardrive as a docking station
to connect the Poqet with the Panasonic and that's how I get my
information onto floppies.

My software of choice is Letterperfect, a scaled down version of
wordperfect that can run on as little as 512 cards stripped down.  It
translates easily and completely to wordperfect.

How much have I used the Poqet?  As a writer I have written three full
plays and ten short plays on it over the years.  It's great for creating
"rough" material and then downloading later for clean up.

Now I've come across a "third" Poqet via Calfornia Digital.  I'd like to
 give it to a writer friend of mine but it needs the necessary
accessories for it to work properly.  My old 20 MB hardrive company is
history and the newer and larger portable hardrives seem to have trouble
working with the earlier versions of DOS.  What I'd really like to get
my hands on is a good portable 3.5 floppy drive.  Anyone out there have
any ideas?

The original Poqet floppy drive version seems unavailable.  I tried
calling Sparky Solutions but after 2 months, they don't reply to left
messages.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Zarcone
Bzarcone@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009