From: "Jake" <tbush@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: POQET Questions
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:49:24 -0500

	Hello everyone.  I am intrested in buying a Poqet PC Classic but have a
few questions before I do.  Could someone give me some more information on
the following questions.  How long until the display wire gets worn enough
to break?  Is there any way to fix it once it does break?  Is the Poqet
worth $189 (California Digital) cheaper anyware else?  Does it have a
mouse/eraser head/pen?  What kind of ports does it have (LPT COM)?  If
anyone knows any other topics that I should know about before I purchase
please tell me.

				Thanks
					Jake

New subscriber by Gary A McConnell <g-3dlib@xxxxxxxx>

From: Gary A McConnell <g-3dlib@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New subscriber
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:30:03 +0200 (MET DST)

PoqetPC Users

I have just subsdcribed to the PoqetPC mailing list and it is suggested that
new subscribers introduce themselves and their computers.

I have just purchased a PoqetPC (PQ0164) from California Digital and my main
intention is to use the computer or writing my journal and researce notes.

I have been interested in the PoqetPC since I first read about it in 1989,
but due to price and other computing requirement I never got around to
buying one.

One of my main requirements from a portable/palmtop was to be able to work
on it whenever I required. The Poqet gives me just that.

Now the only question I have concerning the PoqetPC is, can the characters
in the Write application be increased in size?

I find that with a little practice I will be able to type as fast on the
PoqetPC keyboard as a full size one, but reading what I am typing is not the
easiest.

If anyone knows what I can do, even if it means running another program on
the computer I would appreciate hearing about it.

Best Regards
Gary A McConnell MOIF, DG
Managing Director, 3DLIB
Deputy Govenor of A.B.I.R.A.
email: g-3dlib@xxxxxxxx
url: http://www.monet.no/3dlib

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n022 by LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx

From: LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n022
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 10:26:49 -0400

Thanks Anna for listing other programs you use on the Poqet. I'm especially
interested in the ShareSpell and Lync programs.

It occurred to me that generally media references to the Internet, World Wide
Web sites etc, focus on the variety and quantity of info out there and
seldom, if ever, focus on the people, like Bryan and many others, who give
(on top of all the other demands in life) a FREE service to others. Since
when do "North Americans" give anything free unless it is for a bigger
return.  To me, these are the unsung heros of our time who may easily be
taken for granted..

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Len

Re: New subscriber by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New subscriber
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 17:11:23 -8

On 30 Sep 96 at 12:30, Gary A McConnell <g-3dlib@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now the only question I have concerning the PoqetPC is, can the
> characters in the Write application be increased in size?
>
> I find that with a little practice I will be able to type as fast on
> the PoqetPC keyboard as a full size one, but reading what I am typing
> is not the easiest.
>
> If anyone knows what I can do, even if it means running another
> program on the computer I would appreciate hearing about it.

There used to be a text editor called "Eye Relief" from a company
called SkiSoft that displayed the text in a couple of different font
sizes.  It ran great on the Poqet.  I don't know if SkiSoft still does
Eye Relief, but they have a Web site at <http://www.skisoft.com/>.

-- Bryan

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009