From: babbie@xxxxxxxx (Earl Babbie)
Subject: Introduction
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:08:40 -0700

        I have just joined the list on Christmas in September.  That's how
I feel about this morning's events.

        I bought the Poqet Classic about 6 years ago and used it heavily
until the cable began to get cranky.  Reluctantly, I moved on to a Psion, a
Newton, and others.  From time to time, I would take the Poqet out of its
drawer and see if it had gotten better.

        Then, this morning, I thought to search the Web for Poqet.  Minutes
later, I had ordered a new Poqet for a little over 10% of my original
purchase price.  I'm eager to have an old friend back.

        I was additionally excited to learn that there may be a disk drive
available for the Poqet now, although I have not been able to locate one.
Can anyone advise me.  (If this has been discussed ad nauseum on the list
already, perhaps someone can write to me directly.)

        Happy to be here.

Earl

|kth Law of CyberSpace: We are all, as individuals, in over our heads.|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|    Earl Babbie  ][  BABBIE@xxxxxxxx  ][  CIS:76424,156     |
|    Chapman University, Orange CA  92666  ][ Voice: 714-997-6565     |

Re: Introduction by Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Earl Babbie wrote:

==snip==

>         I was additionally excited to learn that there may be a disk drive
> available for the Poqet now, although I have not been able to locate one.
> Can anyone advise me.  (If this has been discussed ad nauseum on the list
> already, perhaps someone can write to me directly.)

This doesn't exactly respond to what you're asking for, Earl, but I want
you to know what a pleasure it is to transfer files using a PCMCIA card
reader (available from CA Digital in a kit for a desktop PC for $149, or
maybe already a part of your other laptop computer. . . .) It effectively
turns your SRAM card to a floppy disk, which is so much nicer than having
to screw on some obnoxious cable and mess with swapping disks.

I switched to this when I started having troubles with serial file
transfers, and now I'm a convert.

Michael

FS: Poqet PC and Accessories by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: FS: Poqet PC and Accessories
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 17:50:51 -8

Hi all!

I have the following Poqet equipment for sale.  I thought I'd mention
it here a couple days before I post it on comp.sys.palmtops.

Anyway...here it is:

Qty  Description                                           Unit Price
1    Poqet PC Classic (PQ-0164) with 2 64K SRAM cards,           $100
     vinyl carrying case, and all original manuals

1    2 MB Poqet SRAM Card                                        $150

1    512 KB Poqet SRAM Card                                      $ 50

1    Poqet Link Cable                                            $ 35

There's also a 10% discount for whoever wants to by the whole package.
You'll get everything listed above for $300.

Prices do not include shipping and handling, which is $5.00 per
package.

If you're interested, please e-mail me at <bmason@xxxxxxxx>.

-- Bryan

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009