From: Anna Blade <76516.544@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: other programs for Poqet
Date: 20 Sep 96 12:25:10 EDT

To:>internet: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx

Len wrote:
>     I must have missed the other programs that you use on the Poqet.
>     Would you mind listing them for me?

Delighted to Len. The main ones in addition to LIST.COM are Qedit,
ShareSpell, Lync (comm program), grep (finds text strings in a file group),
and PKZip/unzip. One you mentioned - Z.EXE - is one I'm interested in
finding.

By the way, have any of you gotten JumpMan Lives to run on your Poqet?
Also, I want to register JumpMan but the folks at Apogee don't know
anything about it anymore. Do ya'll?

Anna

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n021 by LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx

From: LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n021
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:22:53 -0400

On Thurs, 19 Sep 1996 Michael wrote:

 <<< Will you please give pointers to these two programs to Bryan, so he can
add links to them on the PoqetPC web page? I'd love to try them out.
Also, is there a reason you're using WP 4.1 rather than 5.1 -- does 5.1
take up too much room? >>>

Info given to Bryan.

With WP 4.1, I use only 409 KB - in an abbreviated form -  (including speller
and a good help file). I can do almost anything I can do on WP 5.1 including
special characters for foreign words etc. With 4.1 on a 1 MB SRAM card, I can
also include the viewer (Z.EXE), List.com and Ed's chess (EDCHESS.EXE)) and
still have close to 344 KB left for good sized txt files, bat files and
macros with a "Main Menu" screen.

I would be interested in knowing if any one has found a game or program to be
run by DOS,s "gwbasic" that comes with the Poqet.

Len

"New" Poqet PC Web Site by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: "New" Poqet PC Web Site
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 23:56:08 -8

Hi all!

I've just finished updating the Poqet PC Web Site.  Some of the changes
include:

* New look.  The old background (which was causing problems with some
  older display systems that couldn't do 16 million colors) has been
  removed, and there's a new heading (not beautiful, but appropriate)
  on each page.

* New "menu bar."  Each page has a menu bar across the top which allows
  you to jump to other sections of the web site.  Not fancy, but it
  gets the job done (plus, I figured it's a site about a text-based
  computer, so why not make it a text-based menu).

* New utilities are downloadable from the software section.  I've taken
  your suggestions and added the files you've recommended to the list
  of software utilities.  I haven't gotten the latest suggestions, but
  I'll take care of them soon.

Take a gander and let me know what you think.

-- Bryan

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

One other thing by babbie@xxxxxxxx (Earl Babbie)

From: babbie@xxxxxxxx (Earl Babbie)
Subject: One other thing
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:33:22 -0700

        In my earlier incarnation as a Poqet lover, I was never able to
export my schedule (currently held in Mac Now-Up-To-Date) to the Poqet's
Appointment.  The company said they were working on it and even sent me
some unfathomable code.  Has this improved?

Earl

|kth Law of CyberSpace: We are all, as individuals, in over our heads.|
|    Earl Babbie  ][  BABBIE@xxxxxxxx  ][  CIS:76424,156     |
|    Chapman University, Orange CA  92666  ][ Voice: 714-997-6565     |
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009