From: LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n019
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 21:58:40 -0400

Aaron,

In a message dated 96-09-13 15:09:15 EDT
Re: programming the programming of flash,
cards, you write:

<< As long as it's linear (Intel) and not ATA (Sun/SanDisk), it
should work.Your PCMCIA software will have to support
writing to the flash card using the FAT format, not something
like FFS (Flash File System). There will typically be a
program similar to XCOPY that is used to copy stuff to
cards in this format.  Of course, the resulting card
will be read-only, and you'll need to make sure the apps
on it are happy being read-only. >>

Thanks for your response.  Does "being read-only" mean
that a word processor like Word Perfect (programed on a
flash card as above) would be unable to save a file to a
SRAM card or just that you could not save a file on the
flash card?

Thanks again,

Len

Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n020 by LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx

From: LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v001.n020
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 21:59:01 -0400

Anna,

>> When I described the programs I use every day on the Poqet, I forgot to
mention the one I use most: LIST.COM >>

I must have missed the other programs that you use on the Poqet.  Would you
mind listing them for me?

Thank you,

Len

P.S.  I too use LIST.COM regularly as well as a simple viewer called "Z.EXE"
by Jeff Napier which allows me to use some limited graphics in the "color
Mode" (maps etc. that I transfer from my desktop).  I  use regularly Word
Perfect 4.1 which I  transferred from my desktop to a 1 MB SRAM card.  I also
have "Ed's Chess" on the Poqet which works in the "Color Mode".

programs that work well on PoqetPC by Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: programs that work well on PoqetPC
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996 LenGeezer@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> P.S.  I too use LIST.COM regularly as well as a simple viewer called "Z.EXE"
> by Jeff Napier which allows me to use some limited graphics in the "color
> Mode" (maps etc. that I transfer from my desktop).  I  use regularly Word
> Perfect 4.1 which I  transferred from my desktop to a 1 MB SRAM card.  I also
> have "Ed's Chess" on the Poqet which works in the "Color Mode".

LenGeezer:

Will you please give pointers to these two programs to Bryan, so he can
add links to them on the PoqetPC web page? I'd love to try them out.
Also, is there a reason you're using WP 4.1 rather than 5.1 -- does 5.1
take up too much room?

Michael

cancel by mmincki@xxxxxxxx (Mark Minckiewicz)

From: mmincki@xxxxxxxx (Mark Minckiewicz)
Subject: cancel
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 13:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

please cancel me from this list

--
	    .-'`-._  Mark E Minckiewicz  _.-'`-.
	  .' .-:/--' BS Applied Physics `--\;-. `.