From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Flash Cards
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 12:34:48 -8

On 13 Sep 96 at 11:40, "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I added the two lines and now Windows 95 can read and write to the
> cards.  I'm getting file errors when I try to run the programs after
> they've been copied, so something is still not right.  Brian, what did
> you say about turning power management off?  Could that be the
> problem?

Are these SRAM cards or Flash cards?

In either case, turning power management off before accessing the cards
might help.  If that doesn't help, then try replacing the batteries
with fresh, *new* batteries and then turning power management off (even
with power management off, the system voltage can drop down between 3
and 5 volts when the batteries begin to die).
~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail: <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
WWW:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/>

list.com, SRAM, and Poqet to Mac by Anna Blade <76516.544@xxxxxxxx>

From: Anna Blade <76516.544@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: list.com, SRAM, and Poqet to Mac
Date: 17 Sep 96 11:00:21 EDT

To: >internet:poqetpc@xxxxxxxx

     When I described the programs I use every day on the Poqet, I forgot
     to mention the one I use most: LIST.COM (Vernon Buerg) Greatest,
     fastest, file management program I know of. I use it on my "desk top"
     too.

     Some of you have tried to help me with reading the Poqet SRAM cards on
     my HandBook. Domingo mentioned that he uses CARDWARE software
     successfully. Are any of the rest of you using Windows for Workgroups?
     If you are reading and writing to your SRAM card through PCMCIA slot
     on a notebook, I would really like to hear what drivers you use.

     On the question of communicating with a Mac: I email files to my
     husband's MAC. The other day I tried a direct connection (ATA on the
     Mac and ATXD on the Poqet) to see whether that would help with Dennie
     Hoopingarner's situation. This two modem solution works very well
     between my HandBook and Poqet. I use Lync on both ends for that. But I
     couldn't get it to work with Zterm on the Mac and Lync on the Poqet.
     It _should_ work. Has anyone else tried this?

Have a great day, ya'll.

Anna Blade

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009