From: Mark Cridland <cridland@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Newkid says howdy
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 13:05:28 -0700 (MST)

I bought a Poqet Plus in 1994.  It was kind of an awkward purchase because
Fujitsu doesn't (didn't) like to sell them to individuals.

Even the larger machine is easier to tote than other portables.  Much as I
wish that it ran on AA batteries, the extra weight is worth it for the
backlighting:  When you need backlight, you need it bad.

Early this year the machine stopped working.  I sent it in for service, and
Fujistu sent back a brand new unit.  I suspect there are few unsold virgins
sitting in a closet somewhere, and it was easier just to ship one of those
than to pry the old sucker open and do repairs.

Nowadays I have an IBM butterfly, but it's nice to know the Poqet is
available when I wanna travel light.

BTW, I visited the California Digital guy in Gardena (near Los Angeles).
He's running a nice, honest little business there.

Convienient (and cheap) Poqet PC case by jtester@xxxxxxxx

From: jtester@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Convienient (and cheap) Poqet PC case
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 17:35:43 -0400

	The cheap, zip-up, CD holders sold at WalMart work great as a case
protector for the PPC.  There's enough room for a little extra padding and
extra batteries.  The holders are canvas-type, hold twenty-four CD's  and
are called "the Conductor Series."  About $12.  You have to remove the CD
holder insert, of course, but it just slips out.
John T. Tester
PhD Candidate
Industrial & Systems Engineering Department
150 Whittemore Hall
Blacksburg, VA  24061
Work:  540-231-6978
Home:  540-951-4509