From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: more info on PCMCIA drivers needed
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 18:12:11 -0700

Anna Blade wrote:

> To:>internet: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
>
> Some of you are reading and writing to the SRAM cards from your desktops.
> I've made every effort to do the same using my CARDSOFT drivers. No luck.
> Do any of you have DOS or Windows for Workgroups drivers that work for this
> purpose?

I believe you will have to get in touch with the CARDSOFT company, to see if
they can help you.  My CARDWARE software did a self-install, and everything
was fine and dandy with my cards.  It came with plenty of warnings about not
messing with the settings or the cards would not be recognized.  Did you have
to install it manually?  If so, then the problem is probably the settings.
I don't know whether the different drivers work with drives other than the
ones they were designed for (yes, PCMCIA is supposed to be an accross the
board standard, but I have heard that some manufactures take some leeway on
implementing the standard).

Domingo

Re: Connect to Mac? by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Connect to Mac?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 23:16:50 -8

On  1 Sep 96 at 12:35,
	Dennie S Hoopingarner <hooping4@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a Powerbook which I would like to connect to my Poqet for
> purposes of file transfer.  I also have a serial connector for my
> Poqet, but am unsure of how to proceed next.  Can anyone share their
> experiences in this regard?

I don't have any direct experience in this area (I don't own a Mac),
but you should be able to connect your Poqet to your Powerbook through
the serial connector that you have.  You won't be able to use
PoqetLink, but I believe there are several other programs which are
designed to transfer files between Macs and PC's.  Two programs that I
remember (but I don't know if they're still available) are LapLink Mac
(from Travelling Software) and MacLink Plus (I don't rememember who
made that one).  These programs should have cables that will allow you
connect your Powerbook to the serial cable of your Poqet PC.

If anyone else has more direct experience with file transfer between
Macs and Poqet PCs, please feel free to jump in.

-- Bryan

P.S.  When you get it working, Dennie, it would be great if you would
share your experiences with the rest of us.

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Poqet Lotus 123 for sale by Steven W. Decato <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Lotus 123 for sale
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 21:43:43 -0700

Still have several Poqet Lotus 123 ROM cards, brand new, still shrink =
wrapped for $40.  Includes box,  ROM card, and complete documentation.  =
Even has the registration cards (ha!).

Steve
swdecato@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009