From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: WTB PoqetPC
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:25:22 -0700

Michael Blake wrote:

> A workmate has fallen in love with my PoqetPC and would like to buy one.
> Anybody got an extra lying around?
>
> Michael

I suppose you don't mean that California Digital has run out of them?

Domingo

Re: WTB PoqetPC by Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996 ddvteach@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Michael Blake wrote:
> >
> > A workmate has fallen in love with my PoqetPC and would like to buy one.
> > Anybody got an extra lying around?
> >
> > Michael
>
> I suppose you don't mean that California Digital has run out of them?

Naw, I was just trying to do better than cadigital's prices. . . .

Michael

Re: WTB PoqetPC by Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:36:51 -0500 (CDT)

> > > A workmate has fallen in love with my PoqetPC and would like to buy one.
> > > Anybody got an extra lying around?

> > I suppose you don't mean that California Digital has run out of them?

> Naw, I was just trying to do better than cadigital's prices. . . .

You know, what if we buy from CADigital in quantity? They do discount for
quantities. Anyone interested? The last time I called, they got about 200
left...

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
  Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs.

Re: WTB PoqetPC by Steven W. Decato <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:48:31 -0700

I'll take 150. ;)

steve

New Member by Rev. Michael A. Cobb <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Rev. Michael A. Cobb" <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New Member
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:02:25 -0400

        Hi!

I'm new to this last and just wanted to intro myself...
I'm in Long Island, New York,USA, and came across this list which I found
interesting because I have a unit which either preceded or was cloned from
the Poqet PC.
The unit is called a Trac Traveller, Model Name is Palm Top PC, Model #PS 1000.
It is identical to the Poqet in size and layout, has 2 PCMCIA slots, has
Microsoft Works (with its database, spreadsheet, wordprocessor,
communications functions), and PIM organizer features ALL BUILT IN ROM!  RAM
is only 1mb and the processor is an old 8086.
I purchased it ages ago from a "gadget" catalog that went out of business,
but the unit is still functional and useful for quickie memos,etc.  Since it
is still much lighter than my IBM Thinkpad, I often use it on the road, then
use Intersrv (also built-in) to upload my work to the Thinkpad or my desktop
PC. I have the option of uploading or printing direct...the unit has
parallel and serial miniports, cables were included.  The unit runs on 2 AA
batteries or AC adaptor which was also included.

Has anyone out there heard of the Trac TRaveller, and also would any of the
Poqet accessories be compatible with the Trac Traveller?
Again, hello, and I would appreciate any info you all might have!
God Bless.
In His Service,
Rev. M.A. Cobb
<><
Visit us at http://www.htp.com/revcobb/genesis1.html

Re: New Member by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New Member
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:03:09 -0700

Rev. Michael A. Cobb wrote:

>         Hi!

Hello and welcome!

> I'm new to this last and just wanted to intro myself...
> I'm in Long Island, New York,USA, and came across this list which I found
> interesting because I have a unit which either preceded or was cloned from
> the Poqet PC.
> The unit is called a Trac Traveller, Model Name is Palm Top PC, Model #PS 1000.
> It is identical to the Poqet in size and layout, has 2 PCMCIA slots, has
> Microsoft Works (with its database, spreadsheet, wordprocessor,
> communications functions), and PIM organizer features ALL BUILT IN ROM!  RAM
> is only 1mb and the processor is an old 8086.

> PC. I have the option of uploading or printing direct...the unit has
> parallel and serial miniports, cables were included.  The unit runs on 2 AA
> batteries or AC adaptor which was also included.
>
> Has anyone out there heard of the Trac TRaveller, and also would any of the
> Poqet accessories be compatible with the Trac Traveller?

The Poqet was (is) a highly propietary production that was jealosly guarded
because of their unique power management technology and 'instant on' feature
(a first among computers, as I understand), so I feel confident in saying
that there are *no* Poqet clones of any kind.   Almost all "Pocket" clones
are identical copies of the original Prolinear palmtop pc.  They licenced
their machine to a number of companies including Zeos, Mitsubishi, etc. (yep,
is the *exact* same machine as those 'Pocket' computers).
As a result, Poqet accesories other than SRAM cards are *not* compatible with
other machines.
By the way, the misspelling "Poqet" is intentional: is a trademark, designed
to prevent confusion with other 'Pocket' devices (which obviously still
happens anyway).

I hope this is of some help to you.

Domingo

P.S. By the way, the biggest difference between the Poqet pc and other
machines is that the Poqet batteries last for several weeks as opossed to
several hours.  Only the HP palmtops come close to that, and if I
understand it correctly, the Poqet has them beaten off in that regard.

New Member with Trac Traveller Palmtop by Rev. Michael A. Cobb <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Rev. Michael A. Cobb" <revcobb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New Member with Trac Traveller Palmtop
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 00:23:05 -0400

Help! My files are trapped by Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Help! My files are trapped
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 21:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

I got a new PoqetPC for a workmate today, and it seems to be in complete
working order. Except, that is, for PQLINK. The computer came with a
Poqet Link cable and all the software, but I simply cannot get it to
transfer files from one computer to another.

What is worse, now MY OWN POQET PC WON'T TRANSFER FILES! I figured there
was some bad component to the new computer (like the batteries), so I
started swapping parts between my computer and the new one. I switched
batteries, Poqet Link cables,did hard resets, tried to transfer LapLink
with a CTTY command (yes, I remembered to turn off power management
first). Not only did I fail, now BOTH COMPUTERS ARE FAULTY.

Yikes!

Can anyone help me think of what went wrong and how to make it right? I'm
stumped. Is it possible that a faulty Poqet Link cable could be that
destructive? I hope not.

Michael

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009